News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Czechoslovak decorations and militaria

Really would like to see more of the War Cross and Revolutionary Medals with different attachments if they are out there?

Regards,

Tim

Hello Tim,

Here is one of my examples with some similar ribbon shields relating to service in the French Legion.

Regards,

Rob

• 1 month later...
    • Replies 55
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I might also have an opportunity to acquire some nice examples of the War Cross and wanted some opinions from the other members here. The shots are not the best, but all I have for now.

As I am not that familiar with some of these, I would like to bounce the different attachments off members to see if they can identify some of the less common pins.

Tim

Here's a group PIC:

post-548-050414900 1288153994_thumb.jpg

The guy has a lot of Czech items for sale, some Communist as well. I only really asked about the WW1 stuff. He did send me a group shot of these. I think they are strictly WW2 though? Czech Army Abroad Commemorative Medals

Thoughts? Anyone recognize that one War Cross with the larger leaves and star?

Tim

post-548-092473300 1288154614_thumb.jpg

O.K., You can download now the file (43MB) directly from Megaupload:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MSPX57IB

Is it cataloque of Czechoslovak orders part I: 1918-40 and part II: 1948-2000....only in Czech language.

Xt.

post-9852-018626200 1288266262_thumb.jpg

Hi Xt,

First, the link only shows: "The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable." It's roughly 42 megabyte in size.

So, you can't access it. The only download option is to an application type file of 126 kbyts and I think that is something else. Either way, I am not downloading any application files to my computer.

FYI, I cannot answer your last PM as I do not have the reply option available to the conversation anymore.

To All,

I am still trying to get some clear answers on whether or not all of these are for sale and what the prices are for the individual pieces. Those interested in any items are free to contact me, but at this point I don't have much information and we are dealing with language differences here. I'll keep those interested infomed as this progresses.

What I know is the seller is Czech and these pieces reside in one large collection. Just where that collection really is at this point is unknown; it may be in the Czech Republic, or in the States and he is buying it, just not 100% sure currently.

I do have some more, larger PIC's sent today and will post some later this evening. If nothing else, they are really nice to look at and show some interesting varieties that exited.

Regards,

Tim :cheers:

Edited by Tim B

I might also have an opportunity to acquire some nice examples of the War Cross and wanted some opinions from the other members here. The shots are not the best, but all I have for now.

As I am not that familiar with some of these, I would like to bounce the different attachments off members to see if they can identify some of the less common pins.

Tim

Here's a group PIC:

Hello Tim,

Yes they are very nice war cross' indeed. Although I cannot say for certain I would suggest that apart from the various linden leaf and star attachments, the skulls and others are unofficial attachments placed on by the recipients.

A collector acquaintance of mine in Prague has suggested that since most of the Czech-Legion soldiers did not remain in the Army post the Great War they would not necessarily followed the dress regulations hence the large variety of unofficial attachments.

Regards,

Rob

Hi Rob,

Yes, that would be my take on some of these as well. There is one example that might actually be a custom made to order piece as it appears to be bullion with small adornments sewn into it. Sharp looking and certainly different! :cheers:

Tim

post-548-067906500 1288332532_thumb.jpg

Just a quick update on these groups I posted, as some have PM'd me requesting additional info.

I am now finally in contact with the actual collector that has these in his personal collection. He has an extensive Czech collection of War Cross, Revolutionary Cross, and ??? He is planning to sell all the items, though he desires to sell the collection as a whole. I think he is still open to sell individual pieces at this point.

I have asked for more information and once I get more details on exactly what is offered and what he is expecting to make, I will start a separate thread so I don't take this one any further off topic. Hopefully a couple more days and I can post some better shots and more information. Thanks for the paitience!

Tim

• 4 weeks later...

We are closer and I just received my first two items yesterday. I now feel better about opening this up to others as I know the guy is legit and will not rip anyone off.

So, if I don't get some more individual shots emailed, I will just post the group shots and approximate prices based on a few items I have asked about. It will be up to those interested to work any specific deals. In the meantime, here are two nice looking War Cross and I am very happy with these.

Tim

post-548-033736500 1291369424_thumb.jpg

Hi Paul.

Instead of retyping all of it here; try this link: http://www.medailles1914-1918.fr/rubans-tableau5.html#TchŽcoslovaquie

If you click on the ribbons for these, it will show the various attachments authorzied. As for the special or unusual devices, I would expect somewhat the same we see on the period French and to a lessor degree Belgian and US, just a personalization of badges indicating campaigns, battles, or units served.

Tim

• 1 month later...