News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ottoman Yemen Campaign Medals

oamotme

Gentlemen,

Greetings from 37C Riyadh!

There are two variations of this medal:

A. Dates 1263-1310 - left and right in one line.

B. Dates 1263-1310 - dates on top of each other.

Whilst I have has an example of the former for some years I have had difficulty in locating an example of the latter. Today in the souk in Riyadh I have been offered an example for some US$260 / GBP180. Would this be a fair price? It seems a bit on the steep side, but perhaps I may have no choice! With luck I may be able to negotiate some 10% off. Condition is good but, as is quite common with this series, no suspension.

I have over the years kept an eye out for the two other Yemen campaign medals - one undated and one from 1846/7 but to date no joy.

Kind regards,

Owain.

Dear Owain ,

260 USD for a Silver Yemen Medal , if the condition is good , is a very nice price.

In Turkish Market , before the Global economical crises , they were going for 400 USD to 600 Usd (if they have the original Suspension and Ribbon)...

Now they are going for 300 to 400 USD.

All the best ,

Avsar Ibar

Edited by avsaribar