Tiroler Lanesdenkmünze (Tyrol Province Remembrance Medal

Alexandre

Hello Gentlemen,

Im trying to find a picture and ribbon of a Tiroler Lanesdenkmünze (Tyrol Province Remembrance Medal)

This medal was awarded to all Tiroleans whos served in the First World War and also to those who, between 1915 and 1918 participated in defending the Tirol Province. This bronze gilt medal was instituted on 7 February 1928.

Thx a lot in advance.

Regards

Edited by Alexandre

Hello Gentlemen,

Im trying to find a picture and ribbon of a Tiroler Lanesdenkmünze (Tyrol Province Remembrance Medal)

This medal was awarded to all Tiroleans whos served in the First World War and also to those who, between 1915 and 1918 participated in defending the Tirol Province. This bronze gilt medal was instituted on 7 February 1928.

Thx a lot in advance.

Regards

Hello !

I found it on the net...

cheers.gif

• 6 months later...

Thanks for the confirmation. I couldn't find another example showing swords, or any site even discussing them on this medal. Seems to make sense, as you would think only those fightling (i/e: combattants) would qualify and the swords would be unnecessary.

Plain ribbon it is.

Tim :cheers:

Edited by Tim B

That was tongue in cheek - the swords on my ribbon appear to have been there since it was made. There are some very loose examples that I have seen with many of the awards post WW1 where those in the Honved or the AH Military added swords to certain awards. Though it did not make much sense to add swords to such an award it was certainly done.

Yes, I didn't know which way your comment slanted but, assumed you felt it was a case where someone added the swords later on, possibly as an embellishment.

I still cannot find many references to the medal that actually discuss the particulars, let alone possible attachments. Thanks for clarifying the point though!

Tim

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

I would have to agree that "mit Schwerter" was not "official" on this medal, more accurately known in German as... "Errinnerungsmedaille für die Landesverteidigung von Tirol 1914-1918"

The medal and ribbon bars I've seen with this medal do not have swords...while the medals that should have swords...do have them; for example, "Erinnerungsmedaille für Weltkriegsteilnehmer 1914 - 1918 mit Schwerter"

Nonetheless, my piece has been "embellished" "mit Schwerter" and they seem to have been there for awhile.