Question To Demir Bey, Avsar Ibar Bey

murat2010

I have Noticed a few pieces for sale in europe of high quality Ottoman Orders, Mainly Mcidiye and Osmaniye, with (Halley, Brundstern) labels on the back as opposed to the darpheniye amire, Are these orginal Pieces.

Thank you for your time,

p.s i am attaching pics

Dear Mr.Murat ,

To tell the exact decision , it is need to examine them in hands .

But in my opinion , i mean how i feel and they look , they are original. ( A French Made ( Cannot read from the picture , whom made it..) Osmanie Breast Star , and a Grand cross set in Box )

Regards,

Avsar IBAR

Hello Murat,

As Avsar said we can not be sure from a picture but from the seal at reverse I think it is made by a jeweller named Halley.

One can see other foreign mades. I think the expert on this subject is Mr. Tim Tezer who is a member and has written an article about Mecidis (although this an Osmani) in JOMSA Vol.55 March/April 2004 Number 2.

Regards

Demir

Edited by demir

Thank you Avsar Bey and Demir Bey, your insight is always welcome.

Murat

Hello Murat,

As Avsar said we can not be sure from a picture but from the seal at reverse I think it is made by a jeweller named Halley.

One can see other foreign mades. I think the expert on this subject is Mr. Tim Tezer who is a member and has written an article about Mecidis (although this an Osmani) in JOMSA Vol.55 March/April 2004 Number 2.

Regards

Demir