News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I am a newby and need advice on where to progress my search for a SERVICE RECORD on GENERALMAJOR VOGT.

I hope that this is the correct GMIC forum to ask for help?

I have been to Germany last month and met GM Vogt's great grandson .

To date I have obtained the following information from the family records and ahnentafel :

Ludwig VOGT

Rank Generalmajor - German Army , World War 1

Born 10.3.1873,Kaiserlautern(Pfatz)

Died 8.8.1957, Berlin,Wilmersdorf .

Buried Parkfriedhof Bln,Lichterfelde.

Awards received EK1

Any further information and particularly his service record or advice on how to progress my search will be most welcome.

I attach a photo of GM Vogt (sorry for the poor quality)

best regards, Stew

Edited by Stew

Stew ,

Generalmajormajor Vogt, a field artillery officer, was serving as a Major in the War Ministry in 1914. He commanded Feld-Artillerie-Regiment Nr. 25 from 25 February 1917 to 28 August 1918 and remained in the Reichsheer following the war where he commanded the 1. (Preußisches) Artillerie-Regiment in Königsberg from 1 October 1922 to 31 July 1925. He retired on promotion as a charakterisierter (brevet) Generalmajor on 31 July 1925.

Regards

Glenn

... where do I go to for a full service record including decorations? ...

Stew,

the decorations you will find in the Ranklist from Mai 1925 (Rangliste des Deutschen Reichsheeres).

Best regards, :cheers:

Jens

Stew,

the decorations you will find in the Ranklist from Mai 1925 (Rangliste des Deutschen Reichsheeres).

Best regards, cheers.gif

Jens

Thank you Jens,

I cannot decipher the attachment.

Can you tell me what decorations Gm Vogt held as at May 1925.

Thank you

... I cannot decipher the attachment. Can you tell me what decorations Gm Vogt held as at May 1925. ...

... from the left to the right (in the ranklist):

- Preussen, Roter Adler Orden 4. Klasse. Order of the Red Eagle - The OMSA Medal Database

- Preussen, Hausorden von Hohenzollern, Ritterkreuz mit Schwertern. Royal House Order of Hohenzollern - Knight cross - The OMSA Medal Database

- Preussen, Eiserne Kreuz 1. & 2. Klasse. 1914 Iron cross 1st class - The OMSA Medal Database

- Preussen, Dienstauszeichnungskreuz für Offizier. Dienstauszeichnungskreuz für Offiziere (25 Dienstjahre) - The OMSA Medal Database

- Bayern, Militärverdienst-Orden 4. Klasse mit Krone und Schwertern: (3th from the right 202 Frackspange mit sieben Dekorationen.jpg 984 × 347 Pixel

- Sachsen, Albrechts-Orden, Ritterkreuz 1. Klasse mit Krone und Schwertern. Ritter I mit Krone und Schwerter

- Württemberg, Orden der Württembergischen Krone, Ritterkreuz mit Schwertern (2nd from the left: 202 Frackspange mit sieben Dekorationen.jpg 984 × 347 Pixel

- Hessen, Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen für Tapferkeit. Hessen Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen "Für Tapferkeit" - The OMSA Medal Database

- Hamburg, Hanseatenkreuz. (2nd from the right: 202 Frackspange mit sieben Dekorationen.jpg 984 × 347 Pixel

Best regards,

Jens cheers.gif

... from the left to the right (in the ranklist):

- Preussen, Roter Adler Orden 4. Klasse. Order of the Red Eagle - The OMSA Medal Database

- Preussen, Hausorden von Hohenzollern, Ritterkreuz mit Schwertern. Royal House Order of Hohenzollern - Knight cross - The OMSA Medal Database

- Preussen, Eiserne Kreuz 1. & 2. Klasse. 1914 Iron cross 1st class - The OMSA Medal Database

- Preussen, Dienstauszeichnungskreuz für Offizier. Dienstauszeichnungskreuz für Offiziere (25 Dienstjahre) - The OMSA Medal Database

- Bayern, Militärverdienst-Orden 4. Klasse mit Krone und Schwertern: (3th from the right 202 Frackspange mit sieben Dekorationen.jpg 984 × 347 Pixel

- Sachsen, Albrechts-Orden, Ritterkreuz 1. Klasse mit Krone und Schwertern. Ritter I mit Krone und Schwerter

- Württemberg, Orden der Württembergischen Krone, Ritterkreuz mit Schwertern (2nd from the left: 202 Frackspange mit sieben Dekorationen.jpg 984 × 347 Pixel

- Hessen, Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen für Tapferkeit. Hessen Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen "Für Tapferkeit" - The OMSA Medal Database

- Hamburg, Hanseatenkreuz. (2nd from the right: 202 Frackspange mit sieben Dekorationen.jpg 984 × 347 Pixel

Best regards,

Jens cheers.gif

thank very much Jens

thank very much Jens

... no problem! But sorry I made a mistake 2014.gif :

- Bayern, Militärverdienst-Orden 4. Klasse mit Krone und Schwertern: (3th from the LEFT 202 Frackspange mit sieben Dekorationen.jpg 984 × 347 Pixel

- Württemberg, Orden der Württembergischen Krone, Ritterkreuz mit Schwertern (2nd from the RIGHT: 202 Frackspange mit sieben Dekorationen.jpg 984 × 347 Pixel

- Hamburg, Hanseatenkreuz. (2nd from the LEFT: 202 Frackspange mit sieben Dekorationen.jpg 984 × 347 Pixel

Best regards, cheers.gif

Jens