News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Bath - Original or Copy?

Greetings.

I know very little about British Medals. A seller is proposing to me what appears to be the Order of the Bath, but based on my Google research, the arms are supposed to be white, not gold. Thus, is this one an original or a copy? I have attached a low resolution photo on this listing, but have two high resolution photos on PhotoBucket (the only two he sent me - none of the reverse). You can follow this link:

http://s752.photobuc...f%20the%20Bath/

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Linas

Hi Linas,

I'm not an expert in this area of collecting... just know enough to be dangerous.blush.gif However, my impression of this is that it's probably cast and the center piece looks to me like one of the pips British officer's wear on their shoulderboards.

Here's a couple shots of an Order of the Bath:

As you can see quite a difference. This is an extremely high Order in the British system of ODM's and should be extremely well made of quality materials and workmanship.

To me, what is being offered is something put together to deceive and not well done at all. I'd run... and run fast. Of course this is just my opinion... so I'd recommend waiting to see what other more knowledgeable members have to say.

Hope this helps.beer.gif

Dancheers.gif

• 10 years later...

looking at this the center is a British army rank "pip" and the star is all wrong as I would guess it is possible French as there are four Fleur - de - lis in the place of where loins should be and to my knowledge I don't think the British used Fleur - de - lis in their orders

I would certainly keep away from this

C

• 10 months later...
    On 27/04/2010 at 08:14, Paul L Murphy said:

What has been offered to you is a piece of junk. The centre is actually a British Army junior officer's rank star. This has been affixed to what is probably a piece of costume jewelry.

I agree with the comment We see those  "strange " decorations offered for sale every day

That is the bonus to be a member of GMIC 

Edited by Graf