News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

How it all started.

Hey Dan,

Not such a large eagle, its not to hand so I can't give the actual size, but about 35 cm wide ( the wing tips are missing) Its aluminium, I think.

and in this pic. I have painted it in better colours!!!!

Note: I later stripped my paintwork paint off, back to the basic RLM blue, I used to know the exact designation of Luft. colours, but not now.

I still don't know what this eagle came from, any ideas? I always thought a shed door!!!!

Pete

Edited by wood

Note, there are several fake badges etc. among this lot, some of the items have gone (traded/sold away in the old days) some fakes I still have (boo hoo!) and perhaps some to find?

Regards,

Pete

Have you any pictures of your early collections?

As an after thought. here I am in my second hand/antique shop, about the same period as my third collection (30-35? years ago!!!")

Ah! those halcyn days of far off youth.

Pete

Edited by wood

WOW Pete! I don't know about the rock and roll but sex wise methinks the collection had a ton of it... they were breeding like rabbits!cheeky.gif Some awesome pieces there! I only wish I'd taken good pics like these of my early pieces. Alot of the ones I took were polaroids and they just don't show very much detail. But luckily a few 35mm's as well. Definitely trips down memory lane.

Re: the Luft eagle... no idea what it was off of but I sure do love it... wingtips or not. Just a great looking piece! Gotta rush off to work in a bit but will look at the pics a bit more when I get back. Just alot to take in.

Again many thanks for sharing!beer.gif

Dancheers.gif

Hi Pete,

Thanks for posting your photos, it now has me wondering where I put my distant-past photos. Like Dan, some mine are not of the greatest detail so while I have them they are not readily at hand.

Thanks again, for an interesting and nostalgic look into your past collecting life.

Regards

Brian

• 2 years later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 4 months later...