News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Wasserschützpolizei Offizier Schirmmütze

Well, Gordon,you seem to be the only one to spot unusual and rare items !

As requested, here is an inside shot of the Schirmmütze. The Schirm/visor is made of leather, like an "alter Art".

Note that the cap has been checked by our KM-friend Michel and that it is made as per KM-Schirmmütze regulations.

Best,

Marc

Well, it seems that I'm out of practice as I posted twice the same picture !

Here is a close-up of the beautifully hand-embroidered Wasserschützphttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_06_2010/post-139-127723238899.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_06_2010/post-139-127723238899.jpgolizei insignia.

Best,

Marc

Truly awesome Marc !

I have seen a couple of WSP caps over the years but they were of the pure Polizei style, but this KM style looks 100% better. Especially wonderful is the extra-large size bullion eagle.

The finest cap I have seen for some years, I love it :love::love::love: !

Gordon, I really appreciate your sincere comments on this truly unusual and untouched Wasserschützpolizei-Schirmmütze.

And yes, the Polizei eagle on dark blue is very beautifully embroidered. I shall post a better close-up because the swastika looks worsely embroidered on the above picture than it is in reality.

Marc

I have only seen caps like this in a couple of photographs. It is in amazing condition and the badge, which may be a private purchase item like some of the regular police officer's quality sleeve eagles one sometimes sees, is of a rarely-seen quality too. The bullion national rondel is a chic touch too. The officer who wore this obviously had a sense of sartorial style. I bet his tunics were top grade too.

PK

I have only seen caps like this in a couple of photographs. It is in amazing condition and the badge, which may be a private purchase item like some of the regular police officer's quality sleeve eagles one sometimes sees, is of a rarely-seen quality too. The bullion national rondel is a chic touch too. The officer who wore this obviously had a sense of sartorial style. I bet his tunics were top grade too.

PK

Hello Prosper, Gordon, and all other interested collectors,

Below is, as you mentioned, a period photograph (sorry, taken from the French book : "Les coiffures militaires du IIIe Reich"-1980)

Marc

Edited by Langemark

Concerning the eagle, here is a comparative close-up of the cap eagle and a basic Polizei sleeve eagle. The difference in size is obvious.

Furthermore, the eagle on the cap is heavily padded adding a nice tri-dimensional look to it.

Marc

Edited by Langemark

Concerning the eagle, here is a comparative close-up of the cap eagle and a basic Polizei sleeve eagle. The difference in size is obvious.

Furthermore, the eagle on the cap is heavily padded adding a nice tri-dimensional look to it.

Marc

Edited by Langemark

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Late to the party. Nice cap. Indeed the WSP used over sized gold bullion cap eagles. Here is a comparison I made some time back showing the size in relationship to a metal cap eagle and a sleeve eagle.

The WSP seems to have used navy caps as much as they did police type civil caps. Considering that most WSP officers were assigned from the navy, it makes sense that they would re-badge their navy caps rather than buy a new cap.

Anyway, congratulations. Very difficult to find cap.

Regards,

Bill Unland

• 8 years later...