News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Lithuanian Award

Yep! Great Grandparents from Slovakia & Lithuania on one side....... pure Frainch Aristocrats on l'autre.

You can still get the shirts on eBay..... but they have crept up in price.

Cousin was over last summer and i was able to get her some time at our office near her.... received a fabulous bottle of Lithuanian Vodka as a gift. Cracked it last Fourth of July after all "responsible parties" had departed. Ever play "Contact Badminton"?? Bet you didn't know that bones can break and blood can flow.......... quite painlessly mind you from the vodka.

There was about 1 finger in the bottom of the bottle and nobody would touch it after that initial fling with "destiny".......

It was quite a party. I of course was completely sober and did drive home everyone that night. Now THAT was many a fun ride........

Stogie,

One finger left?!!!!!!! Must be the Frainch. No Lugan would leave a wet bottle in misery. :P

Old time Lugans, like my gramps and his old buddy, the parish priest, used to knock the top off a bottle (open and throw away the cork) just about every Sunday afternoon after services and reminise about the good old days in old country. No recorking the bottles. Or as Old Fr. Stanley used to say,"I wasn't always a priest." ;) Them old boys sure knew how to wet their whistles. :beer: RIP to both of them.

Tony

I'll drink to that Tony....My old man and his buddies did the same thing...God bless them.... :cheers:

Stogie,

One finger left?!!!!!!! Must be the Frainch. No Lugan would leave a wet bottle in misery. :P

Old time Lugans, like my gramps and his old buddy, the parish priest, used to knock the top off a bottle (open and throw away the cork) just about every Sunday afternoon after services and reminise about the good old days in old country. No recorking the bottles. Or as Old Fr. Stanley used to say,"I wasn't always a priest." ;) Them old boys sure knew how to wet their whistles. :beer: RIP to both of them.

Tony

Very nice, Andy!

Proper ribbon and pin arrangement. Great condition too. Many of these medals are lacking the original ribbons as they didn't fair to well over the years that many of them were hidden. The soviets didn't take too kindly to any displays of 'bougeoise regime' that was pre 1940 Lithuania.

Tony

I'd love to make it down to the SOS next year. It would be my first time, but it wouldn't be my first time to close a hotel bar though... :cheeky:

Andy,

You have to get your butt down to the SOS next year and help me close down the hotel bar again. :P

Tony