News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I've eventually managed to get a hold of one of these things.

Wanted one ever since I saw it in 'Purnell's History of The Second World War' back in the 1970s.

Quality-wise, it's like a Golden Party Badge.............fire-gilded bronze with great enamel work and detailing.

Question is.............does anyone know exactly what this was awarded for?

I know there are Waffenring Mackensen Crosses, an Honour Clasp in Silver. etc. etc., for cavalry veterans, but does anyone know what the award criteria stipulated by the WDK were?

it's at times like this when i miss rick the most. great piece, robin! i've always been interested in adding one of these to my humble collection of veteran's awards. (note the apostrophe)

...or is it veteran awards?? aargh

Edited by Eric Stahlhut

Hi Robin,

I haven't a clue what these badges were awarded for but I too wanted one ever since I saw the same page as you in Purnell's History of the Second World war which I purchased in 1966! Here is the page:

Hi Robin,

I haven't a clue what these badges were awarded for but I too wanted one ever since I saw the same page as you in Purnell's History of the Second World war which I purchased in 1966! Here is the page:

Brings back so many happy memories! :cheers:

• 5 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...