News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1936 May Day tinnie makers marks

• 1 month later...
    • 4 weeks later...
    • 3 years later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 3 years later...
    • 6 months later...

Thanks Troy,

I've been toying with the idea of collecting tinnies for a while and finally took the plunge last weekend. I picked up  a B. Haarmann and after studying yours the pin and pin attachment are identical... which can only be good :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Troy et al,

I just received a lot of 100 Mayday / Arbeit / Party Day tinnies from a dealer in Germany who was just looking to get rid of them, which is what I'll probably end up doing, when I saw your post.  I could not resist the temptation, so I pulled all the 1 Mai 1936 tinnies out of the pile and came up with more maker names to post.

Joe 

Robinson Oberstein / Nahe

Deschler & Sohn Muenchen 9

Gust. Hammesfahr Sol-Wald

DSCF5578.JPG

DSCF5580.JPG

DSCF5582.JPG

Three more.

Gebrueder Bald Solingen-Wald

My Biederman & Co.

My Overhof & Cie. Luedenscheid

Pleuger & Voss GMBH Luedenscheid

DSCF5583.JPG

DSCF5584.JPG

DSCF5586.JPG.3716850466d5e1efc403e36bd9fd50d2.JPG

DSCF5581.JPG

Edited by hwjoe
    Same pic loaded twice

These two I'm not so sure of.  The first one is Hermann Bauer Schwaeb. Gmuend.  The finish on the front does not look right to me.  The second one is K. Frank Nurnberg.  The pin attachment looks strange.  It could just be a mis-strike.  Does anyone have examples of these two makers for comparison?  

If you collect the different makers of these 1936 tinnies and want more, please let me know by PM.  I have way too many.

Joe

DSCF5585.JPG

DSCF5589.JPG

DSCF5587.JPG

DSCF5588.JPG

Hi Joe,

Thanks for posting your pics. I know what you mean about the finish not looking right, I picked one up recently where the the finish just didn't seem quite right, it was almost too clean. Everything else stacked up though. I suppose depending on the exact composition and how they've been kept some just age really well.

Thanks - Arthur.

• 1 year later...