News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Everyone,

This trio started out just about as wrong as it could have been. Thanks to fellow member,Heiko, I was able to remove the "offending" medals and ribbon devices and end up with what I think is a nice little group.

I won't go into a lot of detail about the way this group looked but if you are interested here is the link.

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=44369

I actually like it better now and I ended up with a Silesian Eagle 2nd Class (presently awaiting the proper ribbon to arrive) and a Legion of Merit medal, neither of which I had in the collection before. The only draw back was that I was required by the collector's code to add a Silesian Eagle 1st Class to the collection as well.

It's not that I wanted to add a 1st Class, but the code is the code. :whistle:

In case you don't bother to read the other post, I used nylon thread to attach the proper medals. In that way future collectors SHOULD figure out that the medals were added long after the original group was awarded.

Regards

Brian

Edited by Brian Wolfe

Here is the reverse. I think you can see the nylon thread in the photo. I could have used the same black thread that was used on the "original" group but I didn't feel comfortable doing that. We have to remember that we are only the custodians of our collection and some day it will be in the hands of other collectors. Therefore any changes or repairs should either be documented, reversable to its original state or made obvious, as in this case.

Regards

Brian