News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Chris,

I'm afraid I don't quite understand.. The Combined Pilot/Observer badge in the showcase is obviously a standard type and has none of the characteristics of the badge you show in the scan.. Do they display the standard badge in place of the 'diamonds' due to its rarity, or...has someone done a swap!!

• Replies 101
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WAR LORD

The group is as found in the returned items. The P/O Badge is infact gold and silver and another badge that Goring had. The piece I have came with these items but was seperated when Campion sold it to me. He did offer me the rest of the group, but at the time I was not able to aford it. Thus my pieces with the group as shown is what was returned.

Ok, got it now, C....

Hope you don't mind me clearing that up.. I tend to look at things a little too closely, probably been in this hobby a little too long and have become a cynical old $~~##*.. Not sure if that's a good thing, or bad. :food-smiley-004:

Guest WAR LORD

Ok, got it now, C....

Hope you don't mind me clearing that up.. I tend to look at things a little too closely, probably been in this hobby a little too long and have become a cynical old $~~##*.. Not sure if that's a good thing, or bad.  :food-smiley-004:

I think you are quite right to be enquiring. The whole story about the awards was well told by my old sparing partner Bill Stump. He wrote about the Kabeller story of Gorings medals. This never fited with the facts as shown by Campion. It is interesting that the Daughter has made a full explanation which totaly disproves the old legend. Although she contacted Bill before he died, he was not able to put the final bit together.

• 2 months later...

Probably my favourite RO/AG. Incredibly slender and made from neusilber, this is an early one. How early it's hard to tell... it's marked C.E.Juncker Berlin SW and not CEJ but I don't know if CEJ pre-dates it or whether both markings were being used.

As an added touch, the recipient's name is scratched on the back.

Rich