News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Franco-Prussian war veteran's medal bar

Hello, dear Gents!

Here's the one of my favorite medal bar of the Franco-Prussian war's veteran, who possibly worked on the home front (in industry) during the WWI.

But I can't find enough information on the last award - the medal of "AEG" in honour of 70-anniversary of Emil Rathenau. If these medals awarded workers of "AEG" since 1908 (date of 70-anniversary E.Rathenau) or it is a corporate medal of the Weimar period?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Sergio

Hello, dear Gents!

Here's the one of my favorite medal bar of the Franco-Prussian war's veteran, who possibly worked on the home front (in industry) during the WWI.

But I can't find enough information on the last award - the medal of "AEG" in honour of 70-anniversary of Emil Rathenau. If these medals awarded workers of "AEG" since 1908 (date of 70-anniversary E.Rathenau) or it is a corporate medal of the Weimar period?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Sergio:

Thank you for sharing this fantastic group with us. I have never seen an example of the last medal (which I assume is rather uncommon). It is indeed an Allgemeine Elektricitäts-Gesellschaft (AEG) coporately-issued medal for merit and loyalty/faithfulness/devotion. I am not entirely certain of the period of issue, but it looks to be finely made from silver. I would therefore estimate that it was probably awarded prior to the start of WWI or early in the war, but certainly not after 1917. There should be a die-sinker's mark "H. HAHN" under the bust. Congratulations regarding this excellent and unusual group.

Best regards,

"SPM"

Edited by Schießplatzmeister

Hello Sergio:

Thank you for sharing this fantastic group with us. I have never seen an example of the last medal (which I assume is rather uncommon). It is indeed an Allgemeine Elektricitäts-Gesellschaft (AEG) coporately-issued medal for merit and loyalty/faithfulness/devotion. I am not entirely certain of the period of issue, but it looks to be finely made from silver. I would therefore estimate that it was probably awarded prior to the start of WWI or early in the war, but certainly not after 1917. There should be a die-sinker's mark "H. HAHN" under the bust. Congratulations regarding this excellent and unusual group.

Best regards,

"SPM"

Thank's for your reply! Rathenau medal realy has "H.HAHN" under the bust and "SILBER 990" on the edge.