News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgarian NCO with TWM picture

Theodor

Then here you are a couple more. That award is not very common to see on pictures, the EK2 is for sure more common. And probably the TWM, too. The first two are from 1917, the last is not dated, but it's from about the same time.

Edited by Theodor

That`s the first bulgarian soldier I have ever seen with a german Kriegerverdienstmedaille (reduced size for foreigners) !!!

Reduced size? Have you ever seen a larger Kriegerverdienstmedaille?!

Reduced size? Have you ever seen a larger Kriegerverdienstmedaille?!

You know what I mean Sascha........ it is always not easy to explain things in english without making more confuse..... I just wanted to make clear that we are talking about the small medal that was given to foreigners in ww1 - not the bigger one of the "same style" that german troops got during the colonial wars , the MEZ2 ..... the more I write the more I see that the confusion is growing.... :whistle:

OK , reset and restart............... :beer:

GREAT picture with a not often seen award on pics !!!

And thanks for posting the other ones....very nice collection of these cool pics!!!!!

Heiko, except for the design, these two medals are entirely different, given to totally different persons for toatlly different reasons - don't forget, the Militär-Ehrenzeichen was a war award only, while Kriegerverdienstmedaillen were as well awarded as peace time awards, just as Red Eagle or Crown order medals. But I know what you mean...

Keep your eyes open and I'm sure you will see Russians, British and even French wearers of this medal.

;)

• 2 years later...

Hi guys, I found one nice picture, taken in 1938. A Bulgarian NCO with long service, Balkan wars and WW1 veteran, along with the Bulgarian orders and the German one, also has a TWM on ribbon.

Theodor,

Thanks for the very rare photo of a Bulgarian NCO with the TWM.

I will share it in my Turkish TWM site if you don't mind mentioning your name "Theodor".

Regards

Demir