News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Pillars of State, 3rd Class

Dieter3

I'd imagine several of you have seen these recently - 3rd Class Pillars of State order, 2 of them, one yesterday, one about a month ago - both eBay sales. Single bidders/buyer - both listed as PRIVATE - I can't swear that the two pieces were identical because I just don't remember the other one - but both had replacement ribbons (stated in the sales), and very similar wear and dings. Anybody familiar with these pieces? Does something just not seem right about these?

Dieter, I didn't see both medals, but the seller is Mike Quigley, the gentleman who owns most of the medals you see in Peterson's book. I've dealt with him before, and I'm sure he is trustworthy.

Cheers,

Rich

I totally agree with you Rich, I had the chance to meet mike in Kentucky earlier this year he is a fine man and has probably has the biggest collection in Japanese medals. I'm sure he is 100% trustworthy.

Best regards

a l e x

Richard, sorry no pics., I didn't save any and I've since deleted the auction, I just use them to gather data.

Rich/Alex - Thanks for that info! Good to know. I wasn't planning on buying, but if I ever do in the future, will at least know he's a good guy.

I just thought it odd that both auctions were nearly identical, if not the same and that both were purchased by a private ID.

Edited by Dieter3

Richard, sorry no pics., I didn't save any and I've since deleted the auction, I just use them to gather data.

Rich/Alex - Thanks for that info! Good to know. I wasn't planning on buying, but if I ever do in the future, will at least know he's a good guy.

I just thought it odd that both auctions were nearly identical, if not the same and that both were purchased by a private ID.

Mike will be at the Japanese Sword Show in Burlingame the 19th of August. If you can make it, I will be happy to introduce you to him he is sn old friend. I will also be with him at the OMSA convention earlier this month. Will you be going?

Richard

Mike will be at the Japanese Sword Show in Burlingame the 19th of August. If you can make it, I will be happy to introduce you to him he is sn old friend. I will also be with him at the OMSA convention earlier this month. Will you be going?

Richard

Sounds good!! Would love an introduction!! beer.gif Alas, won't be able to make it to the OMSA convention, I actually have to work that weekend, Fri.Sat., no way I can get out of it. sad.gif