A nice ribbon bar from Iraq

I got this from e-bay a few days ago. A bit pricey at $45.00 but I like the length of service it represents. Scott.

Top to bottom left to right:

General Service Medal

1948 War with Israel

1954 Flood Rescue Medal

July 1958 Revolution

1974 Kurd Rebellion

14 Ramadan Revolution

July 1968 Revolution

Peace with Kurds Medal

Golden Jubilee Medal

2101430780105252184S600x600Q85.jpg

Edited by 2xvetran

Scott

That is very nice, good deal, I never saw this one listed. Man I missed out on a good deal, Scott do you have an image of the reverse?

Thank you

Lorenzo

The reverse has the snaps and is nicely marked in Arabic. this is the ribbon bar that was listed with your Air Force uniform from Williams Military Antiques. Scott.

2432233760103172408S600x600Q85.jpg

2270264120103172408S600x600Q85.jpg

2557635240103172408S600x600Q85.jpg

2939925740103172408S600x600Q85.jpg

2282025110103172408S600x600Q85.jpg

Scott

Here are a few of my Iraqi Airforce Ribbon Bars

These ribbon bars were made for Brigadier General Faisel Nakeeb, an Iraqi Airforce General who retired. You can see the Iraqi AF Service Order Ribbon with the 2nd class silver Order wing, they are now a part of my collection of Iraqi Militaria.

Gentlemen,

I attach images of two nice pre-revolution ribbon bars. The first:

Order of Rafidain

Bravery Medal

Active Service Medal

1939-45 War Medal

1945 Victory Medal

Regards,

Owain

And another:

Order of Rafidain

Bravery Medal

Active Service Medal

1938-1945 War Medal

Both are in mint condition and have snap buttons on the reverse - probably never been used.

Regards,

Owain

2432233760103172408S600x600Q85.jpg

IRAQI AIRFORCE BRIGADIER GENERAL FAISEL AL NAKEEB RIBBON BAR

-General Service Medal (Republic)

-Iraqi AF Service Order 2nd Class Was awarded this for the (SIX DAY WAR as a Transport Pilot)

-1948 War with Israel (Palestine Support) Received this for the (Six Day War in 1967)

-14 Ramadan Revolution

-Peace with Kurds Medal (Nut al Salam) (Silver)

-July 1968 Revolution (Ba'ath Party)

-Syria Cooperation Medal

-Golden Jubilee Medal (Gilt)

-1976 Medal War with Israel

Edited by IMHF

2987691840103172408S600x600Q85.jpg

THIS ONE HERE IS AN IN COUNTRY MADE RIBBON BAR (WITH THE STRING WRAPPED EFFECT)

-Medal for Bravery (for the War with Iran 1980-88) Nut al Shujat time period awarded for this Iraqi officer

-General Service Medal (Republic era)

-1948 War with Israel (Palestine Support)

-1958 Medal for 14 July Revolution (Free Officers) Removel of the monarchy

-Medal for Crushing of the Kurdish North Rebellion

-14 Ramadan Revolution Medal 1963

-17 July Revolution Medal 1968

-Medal for Peace with the Kurdish

-Iraqi Army Golden Jubilee

Edited by IMHF

2135695700103172408S600x600Q85.jpg

IRAQI KINGDOM ERA MEDAL BAR WITH BRITISH MOUNTING SYSTEM

-General Service Medal (kingdom era)

-World War Two Service Medal

-1945 Victory Medal (Iraq joins the Allies against the Axis powers no longer supports Germany)

-Medal for the coronation of king Faisal (Ribbon is that of the Huguenin manufactured version of the medal)

Edited by IMHF

I have not seen too many Iraqi bars either. Very nicely presented. Thank you all for sharing them.

During the career of the typical enlisted person, what medals are they most likely to acquire?

I have not seen too many Iraqi bars either. Very nicely presented. Thank you all for sharing them.

During the career of the typical enlisted person, what medals are they most likely to acquire?

Paul

It depends on the era that the Iraq Military officer served, Kingdom era medals that had the image of the king were removed because of the cuop. Then Iraq moved on to many different types of goverments until the Ba'ath took over, so medals of Iraqi military officers that served during 1967-2003.

-Would of had most of the medals during that era 1967-2003, medal designs changed due to the many Iraqi governments established but ribbon patern colors stayed the same.

A few of the kingdom medals would have still been worn; If the Officer served at that time.

- 1954 Flood Medal

- World War II Officer/General Service Medal For serving in WWII

- WWII 1945 Victory Medal

- Possibaly The child Welfare medal??

Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

Paul

It depends on the era that the Iraq Military officer served, Kingdom era medals that had the image of the king were removed because of the cuop. Then Iraq moved on to many different types of goverments until the Ba'ath took over, so medals of Iraqi military officers that served during 1967-2003.

-Would of had most of the medals during that era 1967-2003, medal designs changed due to the many Iraqi governments established but ribbon patern colors stayed the same.

A few of the kingdom medals would have still been worn; If the Officer served at that time.

- 1954 Flood Medal

- World War II Officer/General Service Medal For serving in WWII

- WWII 1945 Victory Medal

- Possibaly The child Welfare medal??

Lorenzo

Most of the enlisted soldiers received the:

-Nut al Shujat Bravery medal

-Mother of all Battles Bravery Medal

-Mother of all Battles Service Medal

-Badge of Qadassiya

-25 years service in the Ba'ath

Warrant Officers

-Received most of the officers medals and Orders

I have over 300+ Iraqi Military personal photos and most of them are officers, but the list I put for the Enlisted were all the medals the enlisted were wearing in the photo.

Lorenzo

I would love to see an Iraqi Enlisted soldier with a Wisam al Rafidain First class Order in a photo.

- The Bazzar in Liberty, Iraq in 2005-2006 the dealer had some images of personal photos of an Iraqi officer wearing the First Class Order of the Two Rivers. The officer was in uniform and in a suits wearing the order, he was asking $100.00 a photo there were around 55-60 different photos of the officer in the album. The album also had the 8x10 with Saddam Hussein awarding him the order that would of been an awesome buy if I had that kind of Mula at that time;(.

Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

I would love to see an Iraqi Enlisted soldier with a Wisam al Rafidain First class Order in a photo.

- The Bazzar in Liberty, Iraq in 2005-2006 the dealer had some images of personal photos of an Iraqi officer wearing the First Class Order of the Two Rivers. The officer was in uniform and in a suits wearing the order, he was asking $100.00 a photo there were around 55-60 different photos of the officer in the album. The album also had the 8x10 with Saddam Hussein awarding him the order that would of been an awesome buy if I had that kind of Mula at that time;(.

Lorenzo

Does anyone else here remember that album, that I am speaking of, would love to learn more about what happened to it...

Thank you

Lorenzo

So it was possible for the lower ranking privates who showed extreme bravery to be awarded the higher medals and orders?

Most of the Awarded Orders were for officers, not to sure about the lower enlisted?? I only know what I have seen from all my Iraqi military file photo images;(

Lorenzo

The reverse has the snaps and is nicely marked in Arabic. this is the ribbon bar that was listed with your Air Force uniform from Williams Military Antiques. Scott.

Scott

The ribbon bar was never a part of the uniform, it was brought back by the same person who brought the items to William's Military Relics. If it had an Iraqi Airforce Service Order Ribbon on it, I would have maybe been a part of the set. Very Nice piece to your collection;)

Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

Scott

The ribbon bar was never a part of the uniform, it was brought back by the same person who brought the items to William's Military Relics. If it had an Iraqi Airforce Service Order Ribbon on it, I would have maybe been a part of the set. Very Nice piece to your collection;)

Lorenzo

I believe I said it was listed with your uniform, not that it came off of your uniform... It came from the same seller, although now that you mention it the same seller separated the uniform from the hat when he listed it. This makes me think that perhaps he separated the ribbon bar from the uniform as well. Maybe this particular officer did not rate the Air Force Service Order. At any rate, the ribbon bar certainly spans a long period of time, that would be in line with a career officer. A career officer, who served that length of time would have been able to own a British made hat before the sanctions and maybe had a post 1991 uniform upon retirement? So maybe the guy at Williams separated all of the components to increase profitability, I have done this on many occasions on E-Bay. Alas we will never know for sure... I am happy with my ribbon bar and it is happy with mebiggrin.gif . Scott

I believe I said it was listed with your uniform, not that it came off of your uniform... It came from the same seller, although now that you mention it the same seller separated the uniform from the hat when he listed it. This makes me think that perhaps he separated the ribbon bar from the uniform as well. Maybe this particular officer did not rate the Air Force Service Order. At any rate, the ribbon bar certainly spans a long period of time, that would be in line with a career officer. A career officer, who served that length of time would have been able to own a British made hat before the sanctions and maybe had a post 1991 uniform upon retirement? So maybe the guy at Williams separated all of the components to increase profitability, I have done this on many occasions on E-Bay. Alas we will never know for sure... I am happy with my ribbon bar and it is happy with mebiggrin.gif . Scott

You may-be right, well at least the ribbon bar is in the hands of someone who will take care of it for many years to come hahahah. I salute you on a good deal you received.cheers.gif I was thinking of putting General Faisal's Second unused medal bar on the uniform or do you think I should leave the unuesd ribbon bar on the original display sheet??

Thank you for all your information and I am sorry for the, mix up.

Lorenzo