News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mongolian Partisan Badge

Stogieman

Well he looks about as unhappy as I am that I sold documented badge #21 many moons ago... :angry:

Maybe it is a case of "i kicked ass as a partisan and all I got for it was this lousy badge":)

This is always the difficulty of collecint, at some point it is letting go. I have been thinking last weeks about actually selling my entire Mongolian collection in a year or 2-3, paying down mortgage, and focussing purely on Albanian. Wasn't able to make up my mind, but not as "attached" to material items anymore as in the past, including my medals collection.

• 8 months later...
    • Replies 206
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Praise the people who documented/archived things in Mongolia the past decades!

Attached scan of an 800 page book with bios on the 1921 Partisans. There are two more parts to this series of 3 books with Partisan bios, am awaiting to get the other two parts as well.

700 pages of bios, roughly 5 page bio per partisan = 140 per book = 420 in total - not far off past estimates

post-679-014815200 1291674176_thumb.jpg

And finally, what appears to be the beginning of page after page of ukaz with names and numbers (of the badge???)

Keeping my fingers crossed to validate with some Partisan documents in this thread. This could be a treasure trove of information potentialy tied to individual (if numbered) badges !!!

post-679-074746200 1291674550_thumb.jpg

Whereas this is something apparently dated from 1960:

[attachmentid=21216]

There is nothing in this book which appears to bear a serial number indicating that it came with a badge-- I suspect it is a "privileges" book, indicating the Old Partisan had enummerated perks on the subsequent completely pre-printed pages, Soviet style (extra pay, housing allownce, personal service priorities and so on).

The design of the badge seems very very modern to me, but the enamelwork seems similar to that of the Khasan and Khalkin Gol badges. The weird soldered wire coil channel for the usual undersized flimsy pin in typical of those I see in Red Chinese awards from the late 1940s and 1950s.

So how old ARE the Partusan badges? What DOES the Book actually do? And who was this recipient?

I THINK I recognize his name in my book! And it would confirm nr 4 as well... more digging later!

• 10 months later...

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_10_2011/post-679-0-36035400-1319331016.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_10_2011/post-679-0-98658200-1319331027.jpg

Just in, a lone nr 93 - no document unfortunately. Nothing new for this thread, but these badges don't pop up very often anymore so wanted post it anyway.

• 2 months later...
    • 2 years later...

Finally finding the time to dig into the 3 book series with bio's on Partisans that I've had in my library for a long time. Already spotted a bio on Sodnomdarjaa (see below for a link on his background). Will post it here once translated. Believe I may have also found a bio for one of FJCP's Partisan's.

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/36164-1920s-order-of-the-red-banner/page-1

Probably a wealth of information in these books and will be spending more time in them the coming months to try to link bio's to award docs in my collection and others posted here. One of the interesting things I noticed is that there's also bio's of Russians in the book.

Here an example of what I was easily able to find on Sodnomdarjaa in the big Partisan book. Just posting the first part of his bio, there's 4.5 pages of it (book 3, page 155)

I will try to get this translated. Appreciate if somebody with better skills than me could transcribe names from other award documents in this thread. I'm happy to then look up the name in the book series and send scans of the bios.

Edited by Bob

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks - any possibility to transcribe the name for me?

I will have access to my Partisan biography books this coming weekend and will then be able to scan pages of the person's bio for you.

The last:

(Grrr, to think I refused several of those because the photos were removed, still kicking myself for that!!!!)

partiz14.jpg

partiz15.jpg

best

Jan

I can not see the names of the other two guys.

Dusted of some of my documents.

Here's one for Partisan n° 410

partiz10.jpg

Here is a closer shot of the page with the name.

Hope this is more readable.

Thank you so much Tsend for your help.

Best regards,

Jan

photo_14.jpg

photo_15.jpg

Edited by Vatjan

The last:

(Grrr, to think I refused several of those because the photos were removed, still kicking myself for that!!!!)

partiz14.jpg

best

Jan

And a close up of the last one.

Thanks,

Jan

photo_13.jpg

photo_16.jpg

Edited by Vatjan