News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Question, Rhodeisan Mess Jacket

Hello and good Evening,

I have a question, that I hope a more experienced member can help me with.

Did any Rhodesian unit besides the Pay Corps use red lapels on the mess jacket? Basicly I have acquired a Pay Corps mess jacket that lacks insignia and the Pay Corps mess insignia have been hard to find.

I have been looking for a source of information, but have found little on this subject.

Any help greatfully appreciated.

Thank you

Robert

Hi Robert,

Do you happen to have a photo?

Cheers,

James

Hello and good Evening,

I have a question, that I hope a more experienced member can help me with.

Did any Rhodesian unit besides the Pay Corps use red lapels on the mess jacket? Basicly I have acquired a Pay Corps mess jacket that lacks insignia and the Pay Corps mess insignia have been hard to find.

I have been looking for a source of information, but have found little on this subject.

Any help greatfully appreciated.

Thank you

Robert

Hello James,

Thanks for your email. I have found one mess insignia an a broken one. But would still be very interested to find if anyone else wore this jacket with these colours. The pants have a double red stripe.

Best Regards

Robert

Hi - Robert. I have looked through several Rhodesian ref. books - however, they seem to cover everything except mess dress. One of the top experts in the World for Rhodesiana is Col. Dudley Wall. He served in both Rhodesia and in the South African Forces - he has now retired to live in the UK with his family. He will be very willing to help you - please give him my best wishes - and let us know what you find out. He is the author of a number of both Rhodesian and Sth. African ref. books.

dudleywall@yahoo.co.uk

The phone number I have, may have changed if he has moved. Dialling code for UK + 0792 846838

Hope this helps. Mervyn

Hi - Robert. I have looked through several Rhodesian ref. books - however, they seem to cover everything except mess dress. One of the top experts in the World for Rhodesiana is Col. Dudley Wall. He served in both Rhodesia and in the South African Forces - he has now retired to live in the UK with his family. He will be very willing to help you - please give him my best wishes - and let us know what you find out. He is the author of a number of both Rhodesian and Sth. African ref. books.

dudleywall@yahoo.co.uk

The phone number I have, may have changed if he has moved. Dialling code for UK + 0792 846838

Hope this helps. Mervyn