News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

MM EKII with blued core

Well that's pretty interesting!

A maker mark I don't recall hearing about before let alone seeing - thanks for sharing!

Is the maker definite or only speculative based on the letters?

How does an Austrian maker work in with the Zimmermann relationship though?

I can't make out the first letter. Is it definitely a H and could an alternate maker be a Wagner variation?

Regards

Mike

Is the maker definite or only speculative based on the letters?

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=39040&st=20

http://monarchiahadiipar.hupont.hu/14/kituntetes-jelveny-es-ezek-tartozekai

That is a beautiful cross, these are my favorite. Funny this is the second one today that I've seen, the other was not marked.

The mark is very interesting, never seen it before but it might through some light on these early models at last.

The Zimmerman theory IMHO only holds true for those marked with L/52 or the post 1920 pieces possibly. Mike, I know that some of these were found in the fire hoard but I've not seen anything pre this type to convince me that Zimmermann made these or any other war time pieces, have you seen any marked Imperial Zimms in your travels?

Chris

Edited by Kriztofer