For anyone still interested & not bored with this thread. I'd forgotten to mention that the 1938 badges were not enamelled.....

Here's a bronze which I've just managed to obtain. The badge is non magnetic (I've updated the list above), but the pin is.

post-116-1189935331.jpg

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Very nice Robert. I've been trying to discover where these WHW shoots took place, with out much luck so far. As one of the eagles is the Tirolean style I assume it was there somewhere. Still more research to do.........

Cheers

Don

Hi Don

I guess that you are familiar with the work of Ingo Haarcke who has written on the shooting badges. A useful article in Militaria Marz/April 1997 provides invaluable detail on badges and associated documents for Tirol-Vorarlberg 1938-44. A much neglected area.Good hunting.

Andy

• 2 months later...

Don, Very nice!!

Hey Don can you show the back of the 3 year badge please, also who earned badge No# 1185 in a 3 year if you have the info?

I have seen the 3 year worn on the Right Brest pocket where the German Cross is worn? Also have the photo in a book somewhere too.

Thanks Don

Greg koepp

Sorry for the delay Greg, been away in Munich for a few days.

Below is the requested image, #1185 is an un-issued piece I'm afraid, the theory is these were either picked up by passing GI's or released onto the market after being found in storage. A majority of these badges in collections are from this "hoard", issued pieces are very hard to find. The higest issued 3 year number is in the #801. Do you have a picture of badge #1185 please?

Following many enquiries with archives throughout Germany since July last year, I've now managed to obtain further lists of Meistersch?tze badge numbers for the previous years.

I now have the names of all those who received badges in 1941. Unfortunately it seems that only the names, not the badge numbers were recorded in that year. However following hours of painstaking cross referencing, I have managed to find the badge numbers for 431 of the 748 names I have recorded for 1941 using documents from the following years.

I also have all of the recorded badge numbers for the years 1942 through 1944 plus the complete list of numbers for the issued 3 year badges!!!!

Great photo Terry.

post-116-1208551637.jpg

Thanks Don,

I just picked this one up and will add it to my Uniform as it has a couple loops ready for it. Here's the photos of 1185. Also I will have to go back into the last few books I have looked through, thats where I seen the badge. But once I find it I will take a photo of it and post for ya.

thanks greg

post-3434-1208567870.jpg