News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 51
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you are right that the "Red 7" was destroyed in a crash.

With only a handfull of warbirds left in flying condition, it amazes me that that the

owners of these beauties would put them at risk buy actually taking them up.

Glad you liked them :cheers:

I bet it was pretty terrifying being a soldier on the receiving end of a G6 strafing run!!...the noise that engine and supercharger makes in a dive not to mention of course the cannon and MG's :speechless1:

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic video of Red 7, the only thing missing is the Hakenkreuz on the fin. The conversation the mechanics are having is interesting, talking about what performance is necessary for what weight. I've always thought the DB601 and successors were one of the great engines ever produced.

• 1 month later...

Dave,

Wow! Thanks a lot for the links! The Me 109 is my favorite fighter ever produced, I just love that bird! :jumping:

Cheers :beer:

Dolf

PS: Btw, the 2nd link, Post #1, is it still working? It's not working for me :unsure:

Edited by Dolf

Also one of my favourite planes :cheers:

Yes for some reason the second link isn't working,sorry about that.

Did you notice how cramped the cockpit is,imagine trying to bailout of that :speechless1:

Dave

Dave,

I recently saw one of those documentaries on some cable channel (not sure if Discovery or History or Odissey or National Geographic, one of these anyway) and the name of the documentary was something like "The 10 best fighters ever".

I must confess that I was sad that they placed "my" BF 109 only on 5th place, after the P51 Mustang (1st), the Spitfire (2nd), the Mig 21 (3rd) and the F 18 Hornet (4th).

There were 5 others, I can't remember them all or the order in which they placed them, but I know there was the F80, the Harrier and the Red Baron aircraft at least.

Well, that changed nothing to me as the BF 109 is and will allways remain for me the best ever :love:

It's almost certain that no one will ever beat the score of the Ace of the Aces, Oberst Erich Hartmann, with 352 victories!!!

And what was he flying with?... Various models of the BF 109 :P

Yes, I noticed how cramped that cockpit is!

Hard work when modelling one of those birds, even on the 1/32 scale! :o

Cheers :beer:

Dolf

• 1 month later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 4 weeks later...

I recently saw one of those documentaries on some cable channel (not sure if Discovery or History or Odissey or National Geographic, one of these anyway) and the name of the documentary was something like "The 10 best fighters ever".

I must confess that I was sad that they placed "my" BF 109 only on 5th place, after the P51 Mustang (1st), the Spitfire (2nd), the Mig 21 (3rd) and the F 18 Hornet (4th).

There were 5 others, I can't remember them all or the order in which they placed them, but I know there was the F80, the Harrier and the Red Baron aircraft at least.

Hi Dolf,

Just thought I'd mention here that I believe these are run on History International. It seems to be a whole series on "The Ten Best...". They've done battleships, armored personnel carriers, tanks, fighter planes, bombers, etc. I try to tape them whenever I can catch one as I think they've done a terrific job with the series. And I've noticed that all the German gear tends to rank upper mid range to just under or at the highest marks in nearly all categories! Not bad considering they're taking them from the beginning right on up to present day. Nice to see that old German stuff holding it's own against our modern high tech.

Dan :cheers:

I think you are right that the "Red 7" was destroyed in a crash.

With only a handfull of warbirds left in flying condition, it amazes me that that the

owners of these beauties would put them at risk buy actually taking them up.

I guess they are just like us, I hate keeping my medals all locked up. If I was a pilot, I would want to play with it also. :blush:

I wonder how many of the Spanish aircraft are left in the world?

Thanks for the links Dave :cheers: Nothing like the sound of those old aircraft Axis or Allied.

Hi Dolf,

Just thought I'd mention here that I believe these are run on History International. It seems to be a whole series on "The Ten Best...". They've done battleships, armored personnel carriers, tanks, fighter planes, bombers, etc. I try to tape them whenever I can catch one as I think they've done a terrific job with the series. And I've noticed that all the German gear tends to rank upper mid range to just under or at the highest marks in nearly all categories! Not bad considering they're taking them from the beginning right on up to present day. Nice to see that old German stuff holding it's own against our modern high tech.

Dan :cheers:

Dan,

Yes indeed, I recently watched one of these about tanks, where they place the best tank ever (my favorite tank anyway ;) ), the T 34, in 3rd place if I'm not wrong :o

Not sure if in the same series (probably not but I rarely pay attention which channel I'm watching), anyway also watched a similar one for "The best 10 cars" (or something like that), where my dearest Citro?n 2 CV is (only) considered the 5th best ever :(

(See pics. Isn't it beautiful? :love: )

Dolf

Edited by Dolf