News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Campaign Stars +

Guest Darrell

Guest Darrell

Here are my WW2 Campaign Stars as well as a 1914-15 Star, BWM and Victoy Medal:

Comm2Obv.jpg

Comm2Rev.jpg

Edited by Darrell

Guest Darrell

Just a few more related WW2 Medals (Except the Indian General Service Medal - It's there because it was taken with the others). The Memorial Cross is attributed to the wife's Grandfather KIA France July 1944.

Comm4Obv.jpg

Comm4Rev.jpg

Edited by Darrell

Just a few more related WW2 Medals (Except the Indian General Service Medal - It's there because it was taken with the others). The Memorial Cross is attributed to the wife's Grandfather KIA France July 1944.

Hello Darrell,

You've got some nice medals there, and I especially like the memorial cross. Were they issued in a similar way to the death plaques of WWI?

I don't think I've actually ever seen the memorial cross before, do you know if they were also issued in WWI and is there any chance of showing a close up of your wife's grandfather's cross?

Tony

Guest Darrell

Hello Darrell,

You've got some nice medals there, and I especially like the memorial cross. Were they issued in a similar way to the death plaques of WWI?

I don't think I've actually ever seen the memorial cross before, do you know if they were also issued in WWI and is there any chance of showing a close up of your wife's grandfather's cross?

Tony

Here's some closer pictures of the Silver Cross:

SilverMemorial.jpg

SilverMemorialCrossPte.jpg

Hi all.

Some very nice posts. I do like the idea of a memorial cross. i believe the New Zealand forces still do it too.

We should do something similar in UK. But then , our successive governments have never looked after its Forces. Its makes my blood boil. flame

The Canadian cross is particularly nice.

John

• 4 weeks later...
    Guest Darrell

When he got to England he was initially assigned to the 9th Armoured Regiment (B.C.D) British Columbia Dragoons. He was trained as a Gunner in a Tank.

When he got to Belgium or Holland he was transferred to the Hussars :food-smiley-004: