News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello, all. I have acquired a group to a German Imperial naval Officer. I have found him in the 1910 Rangsliste, but am not sure of the symbols. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers Captain Albert

In 1910 Rangsliste pg 230 – listed 18/116 Kapitan Lieutenant U officer (on BB) S.M.S. Wettin, circle R, SK4, TsM, TO4.

circle R = Prussian Lifesaving medal

SK4 = ?

TsM = Turkish Service Medal?

TO4 = Turkish Osmanie Order (number for class)

® = Preussische Rettungsmedaille am Bande

SKz = Sächsisches Ehrenkreuz or SE4 Schwarzburg Ehrenkreuz 4th class - There is no SK4 (SK [no classes] is the Saxon War Merit Cross)

TsM = Türkischer Medschidie Orden

TO4 = Türkischer Osmanie Orden 4th class

Edited by Naxos

Thanks Naxos. Here is a scan of his entry:

I do not know why he would have "war" type decorations in 1910. But as you can see there is a "SK4". Cheers Captain Albert

I have a later listing with a Red Eagle Order 4th, Iron Cross 2nd , Circle R, and MMV2 = Mecklenburg-Schwerin

MMV = Military Merit Cross 2nd (I was corrected by Seeheld) Thanks.

Edited by army historian

Thanks Naxos. Here is a scan of his entry:

I do not know why he would have "war" type decorations in 1910. But as you can see there is a "SK4". Cheers Captain Albert

I have a later listing with a Red Eagle Order 4th, Iron Cross 2nd , Circle R, and MMV2 = Mecklenburg-Schwerin

MMV = Friedrich Franz Cross (1 = 1st Class, 2 = 2nd Class)

You are right - I did not register the year 1910!

Kingdom of Siam, Order of the Crown 4th class

Thank you both for the help, it is beginning to look like I got the top half of his ribbon bar. bottom half has at least: Long Service Cross, SK4 =Siam Order of the Crown 4th Class, TO4 = Turkish Osmanie Order 4th, TsM = Turkish Order of Medijie probably 5th

This is a little more that I bargained for. I guess I will have a lot of reading to do, when his two diaries show up. Again Thank you guys. I do appreciate it. Here is the bar coming with his materials. :cheers: Cheers Captain Albert

Edited by army historian

Thank you both for the help, it is beginning to look like I got the top half of his ribbon bar. bottom half has at least: Long Service Cross, SK4 =Siam Order of the Crown 4th Class, TO4 = Turkish Osmanie Order 4th, TsM = Turkish Order of Medijie probably 5th

I think what you have is his wartime bar. Remember that as an officer would receive awards he would up date his bar. So he may have several versions of his ribbon bar. At the end of the war he would have had a 10-11 place bar which is not too wide.

I think what you have is his wartime bar. Remember that as an officer would receive awards he would up date his bar. So he may have several versions of his ribbon bar. At the end of the war he would have had a 10-11 place bar which is not too wide.

Thanks, Paul you are probably correct. Cheers Captain Albert