News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Scottish Uniforms & Accoutrements.

Only a small point of query on the 90th. badge - but it does leave some serious questions ? I can't see any links with Malta - a Brit. possession at that time. The fight to liberate Greece was against the Turks and we were not directly involved. Many Italians settled in Scotland and in fact, Queen Mary's boyfriend was Italian. Perhaps there is a link with the original founders of the Regt. ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - Benny. I always find it a pleasure to look at someone's collection where the research has been carried out - and the items carefully selected for quality. Yours is high up in my estimation and I am looking forward to seeing more of these incredible silver plates.

Benny,

any idea why they were called puggaree badges when they perforated the shell of the helmet? By definition they should have had a slider to slip between the puggaree and the shell.

I've never been able to work this one out, unless they doubled as Glengarry badges.

Stuart

Benny,

any idea why they were called puggaree badges when they perforated the shell of the helmet? By definition they should have had a slider to slip between the puggaree and the shell.

I've never been able to work this one out, unless they doubled as Glengarry badges.

Stuart

I have heard these "pugaree" badges referred to as Adjutants Badges, whether there is any truth in that i really dont know Stuart. However your point makes more sense, why call it a pugaree badge

when it actually goes through the helmet, a slider would make more sense.

Ive added some more bits and pieces from my collection below.

• 3 months later...
    • 4 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...