News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I bought a medal bar around seven years ago that had no medals on it. It took me a while to find the first medal. I first bought the Schaumburg-Lippe version. I bought it over at the other sight while at work using my cell phone. When it arrived I realized it was probably the wrong one but kept it as these do not turn up often. Finally the Lippe-Detmold version was for sale here and I bought it. These are nice looking medals.

That was my initial thought also. I have never seen the Ehrenmedal on the combat ribbon but I have seen the cross on both so that it why it is there for now. Does anyone have a similar combination? As you can tell I am no huge hurry so if I have to find another medal I will.

• 3 weeks later...

my guess he was wounded early in war Got combat cross then got other noncom medals on the home front!

I would agree...a possible explanation. But nevertheless it is a unusual bar with a unique combination. Nice...

Best regards

Roman

Edited by Solomon

Good Lord!

That's a nice bar.

Solomon-any chance he can be identified?

Congrats by the way! I got my BDOS magazine! :cheers::whistle:

Thank you...it was a great honour for me in Konstanz :blush:

The identification isn´t easy. The honour cross is the only hint.

May I have a good scan of the front center (with the rose)?

Maybe the manufacturer helps to ID it.

Best regards

Roman

There were no medals on this when I bought it so I do not know if I even have the correct medals on it. These were my best guess.It is a nice bar that sat around for years with no medals on it. I finally filled it in and the medals are just tucked in and not sewn.

There were no medals on this when I bought it so I do not know if I even have the correct medals on it. These were my best guess.It is a nice bar that sat around for years with no medals on it. I finally filled it in and the medals are just tucked in and not sewn.

Aaaah...that makes it even more difficult :speechless:

I´m not sure, if the red-cross medal is the right type...I would prefer the steel-version.

Regarding the combantant-ribbon from Lippe-Detmold (2nd position) the war honour medal and the war merit cross are possible.

No idea which one would fit better, but I prefer the war merit medal.

Best regards

Roman