News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

As said before....a good combination , typical and sometimes seen with little variationes , and without seeing the reverse I would buy it directly - I don`t say it is a bad one , no no , just two little things make me a bit nervous.... let`s see what others have to say

Alex is absolutely correct, but does this increase the liklihood of being an authentic bar?

As always, many thanks for the comments, and please keep them coming. I'll post better images when they arrive.

That's great... if it is his ribbon bar.... Felmy flew with his comrade at arms in Palestina, Oberstleutnant Falke (see my thread http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=42728&hl=falke&st=0 ).

So if there's anyone that has to have it... it's me!!!! ;-) I am joking... :whistle:

I must say I don't like to much the color of the fabric on the back (red backing was more used before WWI), but the obverse it looks quite good to me.

Ciao,

Claudio

I would wonder at the hook also but I did notice that the hinge on the reverse is on the wrong side- they are usually on the other side of the bar i.e. behind the first ribbon. The hinge on this bar is behind the last ribbon...if that makes sense. Just an observation.

Best wishes

Matt

I would wonder at the hook also but I did notice that the hinge on the reverse is on the wrong side- they are usually on the other side of the bar i.e. behind the first ribbon. The hinge on this bar is behind the last ribbon...if that makes sense. Just an observation.

Best wishes

Matt

If it was a Frankenstein bar the creator certainly knew about ribbon order, period construction techniques and access to Turkish devices. I would be unlikely then that he would make an error like putting the hinge on the wrong side. Possible, but I only say unlikely.

It's too bad is sold so quickly, otherwise a methodical way would have been;

1) Check with a knowledgeable TR collector if the eagles are good or not.

2) Black light the ribbon and stitching.

3) X-ray the bar to look at the metal form underneath the ribbons. Checking for the hole placement in the core blank. The problem is getting an x-ray. Unless you work in radiology, or have a REALLY good friend it is hard. Train collectors will sometimes get photos of opaque, plastic-wrapped boxes to prove their is a train set inside.