News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

TWM`s for women....?

HeikoGrusdat

One simple question for the turkish friends.... Turkish war medals (iron halfmoons) - have they been officially awarded to women? especially nurses ?

we are talking about a interesting picture in a german forum were a nurse weares a star (I say a TWM) as a neck brooche... and I have another picture of a nurse with the star and a additional turkish red cross medal.

Are these halfmoons official awarded pieces - or some kind of gifts given by wounded soldiers? Any information?

here are the pictures , thanks in advance for your help...

Heiko

Because, according to the Turkish War Medal (aka Gallipoli Medal, Eiserner Halbmond) regulation dated 1.3.1915 article 3, the medal should be weared 4 fingers below the right breast.

Whereas the German Iron Cross should be weared on the left side under the breast.

:beer:

Demir