News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

KVK1 without swords. Opinions please.

This KVK1 without swords has been in my collection for a few years now, but recently a fellow collector said it could be a fake (but he didn't say why). I don't know anything about KVK's and hope someone here can confirm if it indeed is a fake.

p8300033f.jpg

Edited by 107

I'm afraid it looks like a fake to me. There is one major thing wrong, just for starters. The bands around the wreath should be at the top and bottom. On this one there are side to side, so it has been incorrectly assembled.

This of course could happen on real pieces from time to time also, but the real killer for me is that it has certain "fingerprints" identical to Floch made copies, one of which, the normally random pattern of "dots" on the fields of the arms at one point run in a straight line with just above this three dots in a triangular arrangement. The exceptionally heavy looking retaining clip is also often seen on Floch copies.

This thing is starting to turn into a nightmare for me. I see indeed the points you mentioned and after comparing it to a version with swords, i should have known of the bands. I will do some research on Floch-fakes and see if i can find one like this.

Thank you very much for pointing these things out.