News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Iron crown order

pinpon590

Hi gentlemen !

I don't have found any post about this very nice order...

So I open this one for posting your iron crown order ! Show us your insignia !

I begin with this nice 3rd class insignia, with swords and war decoration. I received it today.

couronnedefer1.jpg

It is a late model, in bronze gilt. No hallmark.

Some close up :

sam4970.jpg

sam4972.jpg

Now, it's your turn !

:cheers:

Edited by pinpon590

The EKO's post-1915 were made in gilt bronze, and the hallmark of bronze is an asterisk.....but, why some of these eko have this mark and others not?

Maybe, only have the asterisk the 1916-18 issues and the post- war issues not? or maybe that some manufacturers did not put the asterisk?

Dear Gentlemans !

I am a new member and therefore I want to greet you all ! I would also like to commend your forum !

My collection is more modest, so I hope that there is nothing wrong if I start with continuation of this topic.

This is my Order of the Iron Crown.

post-10572-052670800 1286632929_thumb.jp

Edited by djn

Dear Gentlemans !

I am a new member and therefore I want to greet you all ! I would also like to commend your forum !

My collection is more modest, so I hope that there is nothing wrong if I start with continuation of this topic.

This is my Order of the Iron Crown.

Dober dan! Welcome to the forum djn - if your modest collection includes this order, perhaps it's not so modest. :P

PS: I lived in Ljubljana for three years - maybe you can help me brush up on my Slovene language!

Dober dan! Welcome to the forum djn - if your modest collection includes this order, perhaps it's not so modest. :P

PS: I lived in Ljubljana for three years - maybe you can help me brush up on my Slovene language!

Thanks / Hvala !

I'm a collector of A.H. medals for two years, so I do not own rare pieces ...

Yes I will help you with Slovenian language, and you will help me with English...:lol:

Edited by djn

Hello djn,

First, allow me to welcome you to the forum. Your first submissions are fantastic.

I've collection some Austrian medals but never anything as nice as what you and Pinpon590 have posted.

A hardy thanks to the both of you for posting such beautiful specimens.

Regards

Brian

The EKO's post-1915 were made in gilt bronze, and the hallmark of bronze is an asterisk.....but, why some of these eko have this mark and others not?

Maybe, only have the asterisk the 1916-18 issues and the post- war issues not? or maybe that some manufacturers did not put the asterisk?

Hi Palencia

Always my belief that all WWI bronze gilt examples should have the asterisk no matter who the manufacturer was. After the war they were to be exchanged ( only with asterisk ) for a gold one. Since the Austrians were defeated it was no longer possible. The examples found without the asterisk were post war replacement or copies. If I stand to be corrected than my apologies. Good collecting.

Hello,

I would like to add some more details to the interesting contribution of Yankee.

The gilt-bronze pieces awarded during WW1, were usually struck (or engraved) with the "star" mark, but this not always happened. I have knowledge of absolutely original gilt bronze decorations of AH orders without this sign. It could have happened that they skipped the marking (as happened to Tapferkeitsmedaillen in silver or even in gold, where the "A" rim mark is missing).

Best wishes,

Elmar Lang

Hello Yankee and Elmar,

Thanks to both for your replies and for sharing your knowledge :beer:

Returning to the topic of this thread.....here's my eko (maker: Rozet und Fischmeister)

ekoruf4.pngekoruf1.jpg

eko1.jpgekoruf3.jpg

Hi Palencia

Glade to have been of some help. Always a good sign when the iron is inserted under the crown :D . Your badge looks to be gold, either way a very nice example.