News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Now to the frontfighters cross of 1934, there are 23 bars for it....

Antwerpen, Yser, Ypern, Somme, Flandernschlacht, Durchbruchschlacht, Seekrieg, Luftkrieg, Skagerrak, Frankreich, Marneschlacht, Belgien, Champagne, England, Ru?land, Rum?nien, Italien, Serbien, Arras, Verdun, Westfront, Ostfront, Pal?stina

note that the first 8 are the same as for the Flandern cross.

these are gold plated brass with two round pins and 5x31,4mm

look at the picture for these bars...

Heiko

now to the Kyffh?userdenkm?nze....

golden as well but the writing is black and there are two hooks on the reverse side, 32x5mm .... of this most seen vets medal are ca.99 clasps known... please allow me not to name all now. There are "normal ones", often and easy to get like Champagne, Verdun, Galizien, Argonnen and some that are not to get in one mans life like S?dwestafrika, Pal?stina, Kamerun, Kleinasien, Nordsee.....

have a look...

Heiko

and the last type for todays clasps lessons... tongue.gif

The same clasps as for the Kyffh?usermedal are used for a lot of different vets organizations but in a different shape.... they are with different reverses, different lengths and various surfaces

have a look....

By the way, as I am collecting all types of german battle clasps all offers are welcome... biggrin.gif

Heiko

Guest Rick Research

jumping.gif That is more of these bars than I have seen in FORTY YEARS all in one internet thread!!! Wow!!!!! Whew!!!!!!! beer.gif

I have the same K?st ad Tony showed from about 1925 or 1926 (I'd have to go find it again) in my brittle brown newsprint (would never dare try to flatten them for scanning-- they'd shatter like potato chips being stepped on ohmy.gif ) Bund der Asienk?mpfer magazines.

Tony, I don`t know exactly how many I have, it is a bit chaotic.... too many types and reverses - and I need one of each!!!! wacko.gif

My main collection area are the german colonies with their great medal bars and (hrrrrghhh) campaign bars again - some more to collect and these are the most expensive ones.... I will show some next days.

Heiko

Guest Rick Research

Do you have any little 15mm ribbon bar Spangen?

Christian has Colonial for East Africa 1905/07 I think

I have these for China

[attachmentid=6961]

[attachmentid=6956]

amd Southwest Africa

[attachmentid=6957]

[attachmentid=6958]

I always get a little misty when I see that ribbon bar with the China bars... that is how the Two Rickys first met, swapped him a couple of empty CASES for it.

@Gordon: no I don`t have the U-Boot Krieg clasp, if you have one for me it would be my greatest day!!! biggrin.gif

@Rick: These minis on your ribbon bar are great, I would die for.... (or better not)

I have some and will try to get some pics this evening, a little bit patience please

Heiko

Rick,

here are some mini clasps, sorry for the poor quality, but my camera is not the best.... sad.gif

one more thing to say... the clasps on your ribbon bar are wonderful and 100% original, but they can`t be together on one bar.... Peking and Tientsin are clasps that were ONLY for the navy, Peking only for the Gesandtschaftswache of the embassy and Tientsin for the crews of the 6 ships there and units of the 3.seebataillon. Huolu is a bar only for the infanterie, given to units of the 1. + 2. east asiatic infanterie brigade.... but nevertheless I love them love.gif

Heiko

Guest Rick Research

Yup, I know the China bars are "impossible." But think how often the "Peking" bar shows up in original old groups? I think these were "self-awarded" bars by people who thought if they passed through (months after the fighting) they were "entitled." Like the Austrians who "awarded" themselves the 1873 War Medal because they thought they should have gotten it for 1914-16.

Werner Nickel has Admiral Loof's medal bar-- and Loof was photographed during WW2 WEARING this medal bar, with the Prussian RED CROSS medal bar "Ostasien 1900/01" on his China medal with "Peitang Forts" and "Taku."

Some Germans were very naughty! ohmy.gifcheeky.gif

• 1 year later...

Here is an interesting portrait of a WWI vet serving as a Luftwaffe Unteroffizier. He wears the 1914 EK2, Marinekorps Flandern Cross, 1914-1918 Honor Cross, West Wall medal, and WWI black wound badge.

It is interesting to see the Marinekorps Flandern cross worn so late - no earlier than 1940.