News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Royal Parks 1911 Coronation Medal Roll

Following on from another post on the 1911 Coronation Medals below is the roll for the 1911 Medal issued for the Royal Parks.

It was also an attempt to see how easy it would be to include medal rolls in this forum.

The roll has been copied from a type written copy, not the original and so there may be some transcription errors.

A total of 119 Coronation Medals were issued with the Royal Parks reverse.

The Royal Parks Police was amalgamated into the Metropolitan Police in 2004 with the exception of responsibility for Holyrood Park.

Royal Parks London - Sergeants, Gate Keepers and Park Keepers

J Ainsworth | J Bailey | T Baldwin | W Ballan | H Barnwell | J Baxter | I Bennet | A Bolton

G Brown | J Bryant | A Burgess | J Burrows | W Chapman | E Chatterton | A Chowne | J Conners

R Costello | A Cumner | W Darling | A Dick | J Donaldson | J Dunckley | G Earwaker | A Elsworthy

W Evans | J Fitzgerald | G Frances | A Gethin | T Gittings | W Gould | A Gray | H Green

J Grogan | G Hale | L Hammond | J Harrold | T Haughey | E Hayes | B Hearnden | J Hepworth

H Hobday | A Jenkins | C Joiner | T Jones | T Kenney | T Kenny | G Kimber | J Kirby

E Ladbrooke | E Lanchbury | D Langstone | H Laurence | W H Letford | J Lewington | W Lillycrop | J T Linksey

R Loades | I Lodge | W McCrory | A Mackie | G Manton | C Miller | W Mitchell | C Mott

G Orchard | W Paice | T Parker | T Payne | J Peel | W Petherick | C Phillips | J Powell

W Radford | M H Stroud | E P Symons | J Teague | J Thompson | M Travers | T Wakefield | C Waterman

A Watts | G Webb | Wedgebury | A White | J Wickenden | W Windridge | E Wolley | J Wright

G Yeomans | R Young

Royal Parks London – Supernumerary Park Keepers

R Bond | W Bull | W Cameron | N Cheeseman | J Collins | S Dicks | H Drewit | H Franklin

A Gurrn | T Lanford | H Langton | A Miller | H Muggridge | P Pinder | J Pippen | J Thorne

A Trotter | J Tweed

Holyrood Parks – Park Keepers

J Burnside | P Cavanagh | J Dalgleish | A Deuchars | T Duncan | H Gray | J Gunn | W A Kerr

J King | J Malone | T Needham

Guest pikemedals

thanks for posting the medal roll.over 18 years i been buying police medals and in that time i only seen one of the 1911 coronation medal to the royal parks for sale. a very rare medal to be on the market i belive paul

• 1 year later...

Hello folks,

I am an ex Royal Parks Constable and I have in my collection a 1911 medal Named to J. Burrows.....I am really grateful that you have posted this medal roll as I have been meaning to carry out some research.

Odin, due to your post I now know that this medal belonged to a London officer...like myself.

Thank you so much and I will try and post a photo and any information I find about this particular medal!

• 5 months later...

The medal roll for the Royal Parks is very helpful. Is there any way to flesh out the names and the position of the recipients (i.e., Sergeant, Gate Keeper, or Keeper)? I am also curious to know if T. Kenney and T. Kenny are actually one and the same. I would appreciate any thoughts or comments.

• 3 years later...

The typescript is incorrect in transcribing T Parker. It should read J E Packer - James Edward Packer gatekeeper at Richmond Park, who was my Grandfather. I have his medal which has a broken suspender. I bought a replacement ribbon. According to a brass plate on a clock he retired 22nd January 1935. He was previously a Colour Segeant in the Royal Marine Light Infantry.

And to save people asking, NO it is NOT for sale.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2010 at 01:02, pikemedals said:

thanks for posting the medal roll.over 18 years i been buying police medals and in that time i only seen one of the 1911 coronation medal to the royal parks for sale. a very rare medal to be on the market i belive paul

Its important to remember that the Royal Park Keepers, although they had full police powers in the Royal London parks, were not members of a "police force" as such. Their position was no different (for example) to that of the Yeoman Warders at the Tower of London who also (under different legislation) had full police powers within the area of the Tower.

Dave.  

Fascinating thread for those of us outside the UK, where, generally speaking we have one police service per municipal area.  Of course, having said that, I have to concede that in Ottawa we have the local force and then, for National Capital Commission properties and sites, the RCMP.  And private security for embassies in many cases.  Still...  Tower Yeoman, Parks Police, London constabulary, and...?  I think that the river police are simply a division of the London force but are there any others?

6 hours ago, peter monahan said:

Fascinating thread for those of us outside the UK, where, generally speaking we have one police service per municipal area.  Of course, having said that, I have to concede that in Ottawa we have the local force and then, for National Capital Commission properties and sites, the RCMP.  And private security for embassies in many cases.  Still...  Tower Yeoman, Parks Police, London constabulary, and...?  I think that the river police are simply a division of the London force but are there any others?

Peter,

You "Google" "List of Law Enforcement agencies in the UK, Crown Dependencies and British Overseas Territories" you will find full details.

Dave.