News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear Forumites,

I'd like to show my latest addition to my ribbon bars "alter Art" (trapezoidal ribbon bars worn before WWI):

- RAO3+Schleife

- KO3 (KO4?)

- Pr DA 25 für Offiziere

- Fürstliches Hohenzollern Hausorden

- Zentenarmedaille

- BZ Eichenlaub

- Rumania, Crown Order with rosette

Anybody has him... I know that there was for sure a least a cavalry regiment with a Rumanian connection (the king of Rumania was "chief" of the 1. Hannoversches Dragoner Regiment Nr. 9"), but I didn't find him there in 1914, before the war.

I thank you already for your interest and your comments!

ciao,

Claudio

post-199-009393100 1286746005_thumb.jpg

Edited by Claudio

Dear Forumites,

I'd like to show my latest addition to my ribbon bars "alter Art" (trapezoidal ribbon bars worn before WWI):

- RAO3+Schleife

- KO3 (KO4?)

- Pr DA 25 für Offiziere

- Fürstliches Hohenzollern Hausorden

- Zentenarmedaille

- BZ Eichenlaub

- Rumania, Crown Order with rosette

Anybody has him... I know that there was for sure a least a cavalry regiment with a Rumanian connection (the king of Rumania was "chief" of the 1. Hannoversches Dragoner Regiment Nr. 9"), but I didn't find him there in 1914, before the war.

I thank you already for your interest and your comments!

ciao,

Claudio

Hallo Claudio;

For my edification, why is the Prussian Officer DA a 25 year award? Could it have been for a shorter length of service?

Great bar. Thank you for showing it.

Great bar!

I got the feeling he could have been an higher rank to be find in a regiment rank list...

With RAO3S and KO3, it is probably to an Oberst. Usual rank of a Regimentskommandeur... question is in which year and unit. :whistle:

For my edification, why is the Prussian Officer DA a 25 year award? Could it have been for a shorter length of service?

Claudio is of course right - there was only one long service award for officers in Prussia , for 25 years

Very nice bar Claudio !!! :beer:

That scan you have is Albrecht von Loewenfeld, a Hauptmann in 1914 with only BMV4. Not our guy.

The general you actually are referring to is Alfred von Loewenfeld. I have no idea if this is the guy, but will back-check in earlier rank lists. In 1914 with these awards:

post-1172-054229900 1287417073_thumb.jpe

The same von Loewenfeld, as an Oberst in 1914. A closer look would have helped. We can notice he's a total non-match, and especially has a EK2 1870!

I wonder whose idea it was this were von Loewenfeld's bar, and especially why...

post-1172-040852600 1287417490_thumb.jpe

Edited by saschaw

Hi Sascha,

I completely confused this bar with another bar I posted on the thread "Gunzenhausen, show what you bought"...

This bar has nothing to do with v. Loewenfeld and you are completely right!

My fault... sorry! :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Ciao,

Claudio

Edited by Claudio

On 12/10/2010 at 13:30, Paul C said:

Nice bar maybe findable. The HEK3 and RumK combination are a little unique with the RAO3S. It will take some looking through ranglistes to find him.

I don't think the "HEK3" must be a HEK3... how about a HEK2b?

:whistle:

Oh, and Claudio is right - a Generalmajor. But I guess he wore the same bar when I still was an Oberst, so we're both right.

;)

post-1172-091918400 1287654814_thumb.jpe

Edited by saschaw

Sascha! You are "da MAN"!!!!! :beer::beer::beer: You made my day! ;)

That is great... it really matches almost completely. The last abreviation is for a Foreign order, but which one? SS2b (Spanish -don't think-, Swedish, ...?).

Liebeskind sounds to me like a famility name with jewish ancestry... like the famous American Architect in NY (his parents came to the USA from Poland, Posen). But maybe there were many Liebeskind with different families' roots.

C

I get confused sometimes with the HEK abbreviation. In the ranglists a 3 abbreviation, for example BZ3a, is on the bar and a 2, BZ2a, is around the neck. This is not the case with the HEK. In the ranglist the HEK2 is on the medal bar. It is confusing.

Paul, with the HEK it is even worse! The HEK2a is indeed an neck award, while 2b is not.

On 21/10/2010 at 12:28, Claudio said:

The last abreviation is for a Foreign order, but which one? SS2b (Spanish -don't think-, Swedish, ...?).

That is the Swedish Order of the Sword, commanders cross - a neck badge, of course. So a full match which makes it likely Liebeskind is our guy.

On 21/10/2010 at 12:28, Claudio said:

Liebeskind sounds to me like a famility name with jewish ancestry... like the famous American Architect in NY (his parents came to the USA from Poland, Posen). But maybe there were many Liebeskind with different families' roots.

Unlikely, while not impossible. He probably was not Jewish, but maybe of Jewish descent. There are just a hand full Prussian generals of Jewish descent known, Liman von Sanders being the most famous, I think.

Edited by saschaw

• 9 years later...
    • 1 year later...

We still have no picture of Generalleutnant Liebeskind, I fear? Here's my favorite find from the last time I was at Gunzenhausen show, in October 2019. Looks familiar, doesn't it? We have seen this one in a Künker auction, like ten years ago. I was really lucky to find this at a fellow seller's table, as I had been looking for it ever since!

:whistle:

191113_32.jpg

191113_33.jpg

Edited by saschaw