News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Classic Wehrwolf Flag Photo

Remember the "Scharze Brigade" cuff title! It was really an attic found and it was never in a collection before. It was on the cover of a photo album and inside the album I found some little pieces of a clay pantile.

Nobody had an idea what kind of cuff title it was. But then I found the Wehrwolf photo which was taken in 1933 and the final evidence in a book.

PS: Again the old Wehrwolf skull design with bones behind the skull.

48274303.jpg

19717193.jpg

Edited by Sergeant 08

• Replies 73
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16859355.jpg

Interesting! It seems to be the smaller version (5 cm rather than 8 cm) of the insignia used by II. Marine Brigade Ehrhardt.

These badges, sometimes presented as "badge for armband" (Einwohnerwehr Wilhemshawen using this insignia existed), are probably commemorative insigna for service in the Freikorps.

Is the photo dated?

When this kind of wehrwolf arm band came into use?

regards,

Mario

Interesting! It seems to be the smaller version (5 cm rather than 8 cm) of the insignia used by II. Marine Brigade Ehrhardt.

These badges, sometimes presented as "badge for armband" (Einwohnerwehr Wilhemshawen using this insignia existed), are probably commemorative insigna for service in the Freikorps.

Is the photo dated?

When this kind of wehrwolf arm band came into use?

regards,

Mario

There are no informations about the year on the back of the photo. The members in the photo are still wearing field grey caps. In 1927 they started to wear black caps.

I think the photo was taken in 1925/1926.

PS: It looks like a break for smokers during a Wehrwolf event.

smokevm.jpg

Edited by Sergeant 08

Great photo..............nice to see the date.

Caps like this................ :rolleyes:

Always good to get a photo with some informations.

Most photos have no information about date or location and we will never know where the photos came from.

Here is another one with a sign which tells us, it was the "Wehrwolf Ortsgruppe Saadow" (a small village in the south of Brandenburg).

sadow.jpg

Edited by Sergeant 08

Or a swimming badge...............if these are meant to be 'waves' ??

I wonder if there are words on the three chevrons ?

I think in some days I will know more.

PS: The most skull swimming badges that I have seen had always a round or oval shape.

Edited by Sergeant 08