News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown order/medal

kimj

I could be posting this in the wrong part of the forum.. But anyway here it is. Can somebody Id this award? The pic is poor as it's from a crappy quality .pdf. Thanks for your time!

/Kim

post-205-054634500 1287665967_thumb.jpg

I could be posting this in the wrong part of the forum.. But anyway here it is. Can somebody Id this award? The pic is poor as it's from a crappy quality .pdf. Thanks for your time!

/Kim

Certainly Chinese with seal script characters but what I have no idea.

Paul

Interesting I have never before seen this award till a few days ago in this new auction catalog: http://www.coins-la-galerie-numismatique.com/viewauction.php?aid=60&id=220847

It is also listed as unknown there... but what a coincidence that this pops up twice now! do you have a picture of the medals backside?

a l e x

Interesting I have never before seen this award till a few days ago in this new auction catalog: http://www.coins-la-...id=60&id=220847

It is also listed as unknown there... but what a coincidence that this pops up twice now! do you have a picture of the medals backside?

a l e x

Would suspect that the one in Stabouli's sale is 3rd class, Kim's is 2nd class and if we find an example with 3 stars that will be first class.

All the best,

Paul

Hello,

This is the Chinese ''Four Fundamental Virtues of the State Award'', second class.

Ref. Medal Collector, November ... 1968. Mr J.W. Peterson.

(These four virtues (Szu wei) are : Courtesy, Justice, Moral integrity and Decency). :whistle:

Such award was given to the French aviator Fieschi, late in the thirties or early in the forties , at the occasion of long distance flights from France to China, and services done as instructor in the Chinese air force.

Regards

Cuss

• 3 weeks later...

[

Such award was given to the French aviator Fieschi, late in the thirties or early in the forties , at the occasion of long distance flights from France to China, and services done as instructor in the Chinese air force.

A total aside, but Fieschi flew with SPA80 in the First World War, along with my first cousin once removed, Adjt. Antonin Gautier. They collided during a dogfight; Antonin was killed.

post-576-044466000 1289321261_thumb.jpg

• 10 months later...
    • 11 years later...