News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Capture of Vienna document

Nice one! It was awarded to Guards Junior Lieutenant Mnatsekan Movsesovich Airapetyan (definitely an Armenian name). It was filled in on 11 December 1946 and signed by the commander of the "30th gv. m. D Kh O K B Kh Regiment", Guards Colonel Voronov.

The abbreviation is a tough one, but my guess is "Guards Motorized Rifle ... ... Orders of Kutuzov and Bogdan Khmelnitsky Regiment". My guess is the "m" must stand for "motostrelkovy" (motorized rifle) or "mekhanizirovanny" (mechanized), otherwise there would be no branch of service indicated. I'm clueless as to the "D Kh". They probably indicate the regiment's honorifics.

Auke

Edited by Ferdinand

Nice one! It was awarded to Guards Junior Lieutenant Mnatsekan Movsesovich Airapetyan (definitely an Armenian name). It was filled in on 11 December 1946 and signed by the commander of the "30th gv. m. D Kh O K B Kh Regiment", Guards Colonel Voronov.

The abbreviation is a tough one, but my guess is "Guards Motorized Rifle ... ... Orders of Kutuzov and Bogdan Khmelnitsky Regiment". My guess is the "m" must stand for "motostrelkovy" (motorized rifle) or "mekhanizirovanny" (mechanized), otherwise there would be no branch of service indicated. I'm clueless as to the "D Kh". They probably indicate the regiment's honorifics.

Auke

Auke, thanks for the translation - and confirmation that it's a good one! (I was worried when you became interested... :unsure: ) I knew it was a Guards lieutenant - the dealer tried to start really high because of that! But I was happy at $14 bucks. Wish I could get the medal for that! :whistle: