News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Usually I stick to visors...and dabble slightly in ribbon bars and medals. And normally it's cavalry items...but something about this piece I really liked. Besides I had a Reserve Infantry Officer visor that it is now displayed next to, so it's found a good home :cheers:

This is my first of these (and likely the last) a Zeiss Telex 6X Sn 488522, should put manufacture sometime early to mid 1915.

It is neatly inscribed to a Ltn Asche.

post-5245-052078500 1288140526_thumb.jpg

The owner was a Lt. dR Friedrich ASCHE, born Jan 9th, 1885.1914 Rangliste shows Asche as a Lt. dR in IR57. Subsequently transferred to RIR256 where he served in the II Battalion, 6.Komp from Mid July 1915. Killed at Kryscenie near Vilnius on Sept 11th, 1915.

Scans from the Rangliste and the RIR256 history...

post-5245-001411400 1288141334_thumb.jpg

Last, a picture - wish it was of Asche :speechless1: No such luck, but of an Off-Stellv from his regiment in 1915 wearing his own binos.

Anyway, a small inexpensive item, but I really like it. You can't say with certainty but it was likely with him when he died. If it could talk it would surely tell a tale or two...the unit seemed to be fairly heavily committed during the early years of the war.

Thanks for looking....

Best,

Luc

post-5245-069554800 1288141780_thumb.jpg

Edited by Luke