News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

U-Boat German Cross winner set.

Hi Richard,

Yes he did survive. At least two of the boats he served on are known. He served on U-125,a Type IX under Günter Kuhnke and Ulrich Folkers then on U-223, a Type VII. He was captured when U-223 was sunk on in the Med. on 30 March 1944 after depth charging by a group of 4 British Destroyers, his first war patrol after receiving the DK.

post-101-030146800 1288464104_thumb.jpg

I let slip the set years ago, but im very happy that the doc's from Lomker are in good hands!

Congratulations again! :beer:

PS : Have a nice Helloween to everybody! :43:

Did you have the full grouping ? I know that at first all of the awards were included and also a photo album but the group was later split up.

I had hoped to find a nice portrait shot of Lömker wearing the DK. I assume there would have been some nice shots of him in the album.

Did you have the full grouping ? I know that at first all of the awards were included and also a photo album but the group was later split up.

I had hoped to find a nice portrait shot of Lömker wearing the DK. I assume there would have been some nice shots of him in the album.

No Gordon, in a pity the grouping was split more earlier.

I have the same scans but from different scanner.

For example the DKiG BU document look's :

post-6577-025199000 1288519107_thumb.jpg

would he have likely received the metal

edition of the DK at this point in the war?

thanks!

joe

Joe,

Yes indeed. The cloth versions were private purchase items. Theoretically the only way to get a cloth DK was to buy one. Only the metal versions were ever oficially awarded.

Having said that, a Waffen-SS DK winner I met swore that the only DK he ever got was the cloth version.

Joe,

Yes indeed. The cloth versions were private purchase items. Theoretically the only way to get a cloth DK was to buy one. Only the metal versions were ever oficially awarded.

Having said that, a Waffen-SS DK winner I met swore that the only DK he ever got was the cloth version.

many thanks.

"appropriate" one from a local LDO businessman,

or continue production of a labor intensive act

requiring skilled people who were probably much

needed elsewhere...

joe

• 1 month later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...