News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

New Bundeswehr Uniform book coming soon

Gentlemen,

There is a new Bundeswehr book to be on the market soon. The book will cover the period 1955 to 2010. I have only seen the cover so cannot report anything about the contents of the book until I receive mine. Release date is posted as 30 November, 2010. The books may be pre-ordered from Zinnfiguren in Berlin for a price of Euros 69.95. That price is supposed to stay in effect until 30 December 2010. I don't really expect to see the book on sale much before the New Year.

Regards,

Gordon

post-1609-042083900 1290527304_thumb.jpg

Paul R,

Perhaps you are not aware that there is already a good Bundeswehr book in print. It is called "Von der Affenjacke zum Tropentarnanzug" by Walter Kunstwadl. It was written on the occassion of the 50th anniversary of the BW. While he covers all of the BW years, pictures in the book tend to be of a more recent variety. I am hoping that this new book will cover the early years of the BW a little better.

Regards,

Gordon

• 2 weeks later...

Gentlemen,

The book is being shipped to those who pre-ordered a copy. A friend in Germany has received his copy and here is his review.

"I received my copy of this book yesterday!(8 December)

Its as heavy as expected ... and for sure a must have for all BW collectors. On the other hand its a bit chaotic. Its a wild mixture of pictures and small descriptions and its sometimes difficult to decide if its just the text for a picture or a text on a kind of equipment in general... also the pictures could be a bit more stylish...

As its on all kind of equipment for a Heer soldier you`ll find everything from dress uniform to underwear...and they included a chapter on the different trials for camo shemes. But they left out a detailed documentation on the different versions of some items ...

...so there is a lot left to be written in another book !"

It appears that the first issues of the book come with a CD. The CD contains some issues of the early uniform regulations ZvD 37/10 plus some other uniform information.

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig