News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Sellers Beware

Dieter3

Gents,

I know several of you are eBay sellers and may have already had dealings with this person on eBay - if you have sold to him, I hope you didn't have any issues. If you have not dealt with him beware - I believe he's ripping people off. If you have dealt with him and been screwed, I'd encourage you to contact eBay and make a complaint:

Most recent user ID was: captainzhuang - based in Singapore. He has changed his user ID at least once prior to this. I had sent him an item several months back - he claimed not to have received it - I actually kept in close contact with him asking if he had received it or not as several other items had already been received that went out at the same time to farther locations, but his had not. He said he had not received it, I asked him to keep me posted but rather than try to work things out with me, he opened up a case on eBay which immediately freezes a seller's funds and forces your hand. ALAS - lesson learned, I had not sent it with delivery confirmation so I lost completely and had no choice but to refund him (well, buyer protection covers him and I lose the money AND the item.) Never had an issue with items going anywhere, Russia, Aussie-land, Europe, this was the first. Anyway.....

I was recently contacted by another seller - sent a nice medal, this guy claims there was nothing in the package when he received it. This seller started reviewing transaction between this guy and other folks and concluded this guy is full of KRAP. He contacted other sellers (of medals) that had the same thing happen - sent three medals, only two were in the box, never got the box, nothing in the package, and so on. COMMON. Either the guy is dishonest, or Singaporean customs/post has some thieves. (I suppose this is possible, but I doubt it - Singapore seems to be a pretty straight-shooting country for the most part.) I firmly believe this guy is ripping people off. This other seller is encouraging people to contact eBay if they feel the same way about this guy and file a complaint. Please do note, it is almost impossible to PROVE anything, so I can't outright call him a thief - but I believe him to be so.

So anyway, like I said - SELLERS BEWARE with this dude. I'd be very interested to know if any of you have had dealings, good or bad with him.

Edited by Dieter3

there are a lot of people out there with the same problem , i have a few bad deals with russian buyers .

package arrived at the buyer side but empty , this an happen but i am on ebay and other sites for 10 years and the last few months i had 3 bad deals and all in russia , every time i have a transaction like this i mentioned it in the feedback ( neutral fedback with a lot of text ) so if someone have the same problem with the buyer he can look in the feedback and see it is not the 1st time so mabe the problem is at the side of the buyer and not the side of the seller .

thanks ,

Most recent user ID was: captainzhuang - based in Singapore.

I have sold to him a twice without any problem thus far. Everything was posted with a tracking number and signature requirement but he advised receipt of the first lot and the second lot of stuff was sent to him last week. His emails are a little abrupt but I put that down to English not being his native language.

Glad you've had luck so far. Let us know if you have any issues! The seller that contacted me also sent with tracking info, but the guy claimed there was nothing in the package when he got it, hopefully he won't pull the same thing with you. Perhaps he even visits this forum and if so, hopefully will see this and stop with BS!

I had a similar incident with a buyer in Belgium. I shipped via USPS but no delivery confirmation and no signature required. There was however a customs tracking number. The buyer received my item with customs due upon receipt, so he refused the item (or so he claimed). I never received the item and he opened up a claim and E-bay tried to charge me back for the loss... Long story short, I contacted them by phone (Paypal) which was not easy, and provided the customs tracking number to them. They verified my side of the story which was as I stated above. They told me that the buyer was protected and that I would have to pay him back. I told them to once again repeat the chain of events as described above, and that I would sooner cancel my Paypal and E-bay account than to pay this guy. They said that their policy always protects the buyer, so I changed tactics on them and agreed that the buyer should be protected and that since I had a tracking number that they confirmed as good I should be protected as well. They agreed to settle with the buyer and not charge me. It was a long and difficult process but it can be done. If you have an hour to waste on the phone, I would recommend trying to use the customs number for tracking and get Paypal/E-bay involved. Good Luck, Scott.

I recently sold my old iphone to a guy in Russia who claimed to have never received it...we went back and forth on email, he opened a case and I had to pay him in full. Ebay is, without a doubt, designed to protect the buyer and NOT the seller. I would suggest if you are shipping international to pay extra and get a tracking number and delivery confirmation...that is where I messed up and ended up basically giving my item away.

• 7 months later...

Gents,

I know several of you are eBay sellers and may have already had dealings with this person on eBay - if you have sold to him, I hope you didn't have any issues. If you have not dealt with him beware - I believe he's ripping people off. If you have dealt with him and been screwed, I'd encourage you to contact eBay and make a complaint:

Most recent user ID was: captainzhuang - based in Singapore. He has changed his user ID at least once prior to this. I had sent him an item several months back - he claimed not to have received it - I actually kept in close contact with him asking if he had received it or not as several other items had already been received that went out at the same time to farther locations, but his had not. He said he had not received it, I asked him to keep me posted but rather than try to work things out with me, he opened up a case on eBay which immediately freezes a seller's funds and forces your hand. ALAS - lesson learned, I had not sent it with delivery confirmation so I lost completely and had no choice but to refund him (well, buyer protection covers him and I lose the money AND the item.) Never had an issue with items going anywhere, Russia, Aussie-land, Europe, this was the first. Anyway.....

I was recently contacted by another seller - sent a nice medal, this guy claims there was nothing in the package when he received it. This seller started reviewing transaction between this guy and other folks and concluded this guy is full of KRAP. He contacted other sellers (of medals) that had the same thing happen - sent three medals, only two were in the box, never got the box, nothing in the package, and so on. COMMON. Either the guy is dishonest, or Singaporean customs/post has some thieves. (I suppose this is possible, but I doubt it - Singapore seems to be a pretty straight-shooting country for the most part.) I firmly believe this guy is ripping people off. This other seller is encouraging people to contact eBay if they feel the same way about this guy and file a complaint. Please do note, it is almost impossible to PROVE anything, so I can't outright call him a thief - but I believe him to be so.

So anyway, like I said - SELLERS BEWARE with this dude. I'd be very interested to know if any of you have had dealings, good or bad with him.

This dude is a bottom feeder. So recently he's been trying to sell some stuff (some of which I believe he ripped off from me) as "sailordjie" - totally the same guy, that's his last name if I remember- "DJIE", now he's pawing stuff as yet another ID: vision201111 with ZERO feedback, but same items he couldn't sell as sailordjie - why would any honest eBayer change names so often? DUDE is a scam artist.

Hi Dieter,

If you can show eBay the various seller ID's and the items, and can positively show details that prove the items are the exact same items you sent this guy and claimed he didn't receive them, they will take action against the seller. They may even refund your money previously lost.

As Scott stated, you can sometimes get the eBay/Paypal system to eat the costs if they feel one party was wronged and it means a loss of business. It isn't easy, but they do sometimes pay up. Now, what happens after that, I don't know but perhaps they go back after the other guy.

And to be fair, sellers are protected on eBay, even sometimes when they shouldn't be. Dieter knows who I am referring to. ;)

Tim

Yeah, I pinged this "new" seller - he claims the "other" seller is a friend of his and they are part of some Orders collecting group and he was encouraged to sell things that he has collected on eBay - gosh, sure is funny that this new seller is selling the exact same items with the exact same pictures as his "friend". Gimme a break. Sure, I suppose there's a chance it is a different person - perhaps part of a SCAM ring.

Unfortunately, the item I sent went without any tracking or insurance. It's pretty pricey for foreign buyers. eBay told me to go pound sand. If I could prove delivery, totally different story. I could duke it out with eBay, but it's not even worth my time. (It's not like I lost a lot of money, unlike other sellers! It's more the point of it). I suspect the dude gets heat every so often and has to change his "operation" from time to time. :violent:

Yeah, I pinged this "new" seller - he claims the "other" seller is a friend of his and they are part of some Orders collecting group and he was encouraged to sell things that he has collected on eBay - gosh, sure is funny that this new seller is selling the exact same items with the exact same pictures as his "friend". Gimme a break. Sure, I suppose there's a chance it is a different person - perhaps part of a SCAM ring.

Unfortunately, the item I sent went without any tracking or insurance. It's pretty pricey for foreign buyers. eBay told me to go pound sand. If I could prove delivery, totally different story. I could duke it out with eBay, but it's not even worth my time. (It's not like I lost a lot of money, unlike other sellers! It's more the point of it). I suspect the dude gets heat every so often and has to change his "operation" from time to time. :violent:

Dieter, I have had trouble with this guy, too, but it was just because he bid but never paid. Actually, ebay is rife with non-paying bidders, which is frustrating.

However, as you mentioned, complaining to ebay is a waste of time. They have little or no customer service and don't seem to really care one way or the other.

I don't think it is a scam ring. It is most likely all the work of Winston Djie from Singapore.

Rich

Edited by fukuoka

Dieter, I have had trouble with this guy, too, but it was just because he bid but never paid. Actually, ebay is rife with non-paying bidders, which is frustrating.

However, as you mentioned, complaining to ebay is a waste of time. They have little or no customer service and don't seem to really care one way or the other.

I don't think it is a scam ring. It is most likely all the work of Winston Djie from Singapore.

Rich

BINGO!! That is the guy. I have been communicating with the new ID - this person insists he is not the same person and that the pictures are identical because they all meet at the same place and use this place for this kind of activity. REALLY????? Well, sure - anything is possible - but these pictures are 100% identical. Yeah, I guess one could loan photos to the other for use, but that was not stated. I wonder if he did not pay you thinking you might actually send something in good faith!! AT least you didn't lose the items, but I can certainly see the frustration with having to re-list the item and all. If this happens, do you get double-slammed by eBay for fees??

If buyer did not pay, you can open a dispute within something like 5 days and if he does not pay within a further 3 or 4 days, you can close the dispute. The fees are reversed and the buyer gets a bad tick with e-bay ....for all its worth!!

At least that's how things went the last time I had an unpaid item.

Jim :cheers:

• 7 months later...

I am from Singapore and I must say that Singapore Post does not usually give problems with delivery. I just received a package containing very expensive shoulder boards. The package was ripped right open, probably due to the seller's careless packing. Singpost rewrapped it in a plastic bag and everything was perfect and intact.

alf

• 2 years later...

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I was discussing E-Bay scams with coworkers today and was reminded of the one time I ever felt ripped off by a buyer. I believe it would have been the summer of fall of 2010, when I was living and attending university in California, and selling off quite a bit of militaria. I've shipped dozens of bayonets, medals, flags, swords, etc. around the world, and the only problem I ever had was when I sent a Japanese World War 1 Victory Medal to none other than Mr. Winston Djie in Singapore. He claimed the package never arrived, and with a case open with E-Bay, I ended up losing out on the item, money, and price of shipping. I've never forgotten that name, and was inspired to search it today, half expecting to find a similar thread to this. Now I'm fully confident I was scammed as well. Is there any way we can take this up with Singapore authorities? I know they don't take kindly to thieves there, and that's what this guy is. 

It would probably be hard to really prove anything, and I'm sure the authorities there have more important things to deal with. If the money values were high, could be another story though. Would be interesting to know just how much money this chump has scammed from sellers. Hopefully, he will rot in hell on day. ;)