Iraqi Sword I bought for $180.00 in Iraq

post-3626-049499100 1291352590_thumb.jpg

I am currently serving my 4th tour here in Iraq and I am always looking to buy new Iraqi Military relics for my Iraqi Militaria collection. Well I just came across an Iraqi Officers sword that I bought for $180.00. The sword has some wear on it and some parts are missing but I will not complain becuse I picked it up very cheap.

-The handel is cracked

-1x of the rings for mounting is missing

-Missing brown leather mounting strap

The sword was manufactured by WKC Solingen in Germany.

Thank you for Viewing

Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF
wow. I love the blade. great buy!!! Wish I could get a proper sword for my collection at that amount! lucky you :-)
Thank you very much, I was shocked to see the sword hanging up on the wall. When I looked at the sword and saw the Eagle on it I grabbed it and said how much. The price started off at $200.00 then I bought it for $180.00, I am very happy with it;) Lorenzo Edited by IMHF

A great item, and an amazing bargain! Congrats :cheers:

I wouldnt worry at all with regqrds to the missing peices and small crack - its from a great maker and at that price who could complain?!

All the best

Dan

Dan

Thank you for viewing, and you are right the sword should stay in its original condition. I would like to find a leather strap for mounting it and another original ring for it.

Thank you

Lorenzo

Dan

Thank you for viewing, and you are right the sword should stay in its original condition. I would like to find a leather strap for mounting it and another original ring for it.

Thank you

Lorenzo

Dear Lorenzo:

This is a very interesting sword. I am certain that WKC can help you regarding the missing parts. They have a shop on-line. They might even be able to tell you when they had the contract for this sword.

Stay safe and have a good tour.

Best regards,

"SPM"

• 6 years later...
  • 2 years later...

My colleage at work received a sword that allegedly originated from Iraq.  I am not sure about that attribution, but the guard has a series of arabic characters... two of which appear to be numbers... a "4" and a "9" each followed by a pair of dots that presumably represent zeros.  That would make them 4, 00, 9, and 00, respectively.

Alternatively, the number that looks like a nine could be the letter "Waaw" and the number that looks like a backwards "3" (which is actually an arabic 4) could be the letter "Ghayn".     

There is a character closest to the blade, however, that might be an abbreviation of a word, such as "Regiment" or some other unit.  Can anybody help to decipher this inscription and what it might mean?  Thank you very much in advance.

Incidentally... the second picture is an inverted version of the first picture since I did not know which way was "up".

Arabic Characters 1.jpg

Arabic Characters 2.jpg

Edited by garfordhouse