• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Minen, L.J. is Landwehr-Infanterie-Regiment. German old text (Fette Fractur) used the same character for the "I" and "J". That is why you sometimes see Infanterie spelled Jnfanterie. I have done a Redux of my book, The Imperial German Regimental Marking, Where the book is primarily for the hand stamping of weapons, most practices overlapped with other markings on WWI German equipment and Militaria (like dog tags). I need to get an advertisement placed on this website. Peter Meinlschmidt's. German WW1 Identity Tags/Disks is well worth the effort to find. It was printed in 1993 and may prove a challenge if Peter does not still have a stash. I have not had any contact with him for may years.

Hello Jeff Noll,

Many thanks for your answer.

I have your book (N° 832 ;)) and I also have the book of Peter Meinlschmidt (in french).

This dog tag is for a marine soldier, so I'm not sure that "L.J." means "Landwehr Jnfanterie".

Best Regards,

Stephan

Great grouping Stephan ! I also took a lookat your website - very impressive . Are all these Erkennungsmarken from your collection too ?

regards

Kornel

Unfortunately : no.

Some of them belong to friends ;)

Stephan

My newest aquisition

attachicon.gifBock JB 9 a.jpg

Johann Bock

Nübbel KR/ Rendsburg

I. Ers.Masch.K.IX.A.K.No 853

2.M.G.K. No 26

9.R.Jäg.Btl.

Hello Andreas!

The I.Ers.Komp./IX.AK was set-up in Altona. It came to the Ers.Btl./Res.Inf.Rgt.76. One platoon came to the Brig.Ers.Btl.Nr.33, and became later MG-Kp./Inf.Rgt.362

Hi,

Here is a Marine dog tag and another one of the same man but I don't know the meaning of "L.J." (do you have an idea ?).

Stephan

Hi Stephan!

Maybe this dog tag was used after the war for a Freikorps (L.J. = Landesjäger ?)

Hello Andreas!

The I.Ers.Komp./IX.AK was set-up in Altona. It came to the Ers.Btl./Res.Inf.Rgt.76. One platoon came to the Brig.Ers.Btl.Nr.33, and became later MG-Kp./Inf.Rgt.362

Thanks for this information. :)

KR

Andreas

Minen, MY FACE IS RED! I just looked at the single photo and did not realize it was part of a grouping. Please forgive my false start. I have a ensemble from a sailor who served on Molke. Here is a photo. The oval colorized photo is of him also. His name was August Elske. I have many of his documents (few military) and his named stein (on roll-top between Collani and jumper) from Molke. Please excuse poor photo. Jeff

Andreas ( Dedehansen ) - nice set of ID tags - do you collect any particular units or ... ?

Jeff - great uniforms !

Eric - that's acrusher !! it's one of the nicest dog tag I have seen , pretty many are already in this thread .

best regards

Kornel

ps. if you ever decide .... please let me know

Andreas ( Dedehansen ) - nice set of ID tags - do you collect any particular units or ... ?

Jeff - great uniforms !

Eric - that's acrusher !! it's one of the nicest dog tag I have seen , pretty many are already in this thread .

best regards

Kornel

ps. if you ever decide .... please let me know

Hi Kornel,

I collect german medal bar and medal groups etc. . These dog tags are a part from a Jägerbatl. 9 estate, and I come vom

Schleswig - Holstein just as the Jägerbatal. 9.

Regards

Andreas

Thank you Andreas ... You are then a Friese ! ;) that's a part of Germany I haven't been in ( of course not the only one ) , but as far I know it's beautiful .

best regards

Kornel

ps.

I have veteran organization flag from Schleswig :cheeky:

Thank you Andreas ... You are then a Friese ! ;) that's a part of Germany I haven't been in ( of course not the only one ) , but as far I know it's beautiful .

best regards

Kornel

ps.

I have veteran organization flag from Schleswig :cheeky:

Hi Kornel,

really nice flag. Schleswig is a town about 30 km away from my hometown Rendsburg.

The Lauenburgisches Feld - Artillerie - Regiment No. 45 was based in Rendsburg.

But sorry, I´m a Holsteiner from the Geest. ;)

Regards

Andreas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...