News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Finally! - Boxer Rebellion Medal

Dieter3

Well, I finally found one that I was fairly happy with. It's not as nice as I'd like, but it's better than going without for the rest of time! At least it has a pretty nice case. Fairly light wear overall, a few ribbon blemishes and light soiling, but the color is still good. I'll be on the prowl for a better one at some point. ;)

post-6375-034772600 1291582007_thumb.jpg

Well, I finally found one that I was fairly happy with. It's not as nice as I'd like, but it's better than going without for the rest of time! At least it has a pretty nice case. Fairly light wear overall, a few ribbon blemishes and light soiling, but the color is still good. I'll be on the prowl for a better one at some point. ;)

post-6375-034772600 1291582007_thumb.jpg

Cogratulations. It looks great!

Richard

congrats Dieter! you found a very nice one! any hallmark?

cheers

a l e x

Thanks! I didn't see any hallmarks on initial inspection, but I'll give it another once-over! (I guess that'd be a twice-over.....rolleyes.gif)

Hi Dieter!

I posted a couple of days ago and am not sure what happened to my original post, but Congrats again! :cheers:

I think you got a real beauty here and have not seen many of these in this condition. Checking my old file PIC's, only one other cased example and the ribbon was even more worn. So..lucky dog! ;)

Tim :beer:

Thanks Tim!

Yeah, these seem to be few and far between for really, really nice specimens. I'd imagine the best of the best are in the hands of dedicated collectors and won't come up all so often. I sure wouldn't mind obtaining at least one more like this one, or nicer of course! I prefer things in 3's though. you seem them often enough (relatively speaking), but they are caseless, or in a less than adequate state for my desires. But at least one is better than none, so I've gotta pretty happy about that! Now, for that 1874 War Medal...... 2014.gif

• 2 years later...

This one looks nice too!

I wonder where you are keeping all these (practically mint) medals ...

In a special separate building?

Fort Knox? :whistle:

I wish I had a bomb-proof vault! :lol: Na, they are kept at home, but I do keep them in special conservation boxes that are subsequently placed into fire-rated safes. Call me paranoid..... ;)