News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Infanterie-Regiment von Grolmann (1. Posensches) Nr. 18

Jason, this is the book you need:

Meyer, Werner: Das Infanterie-Regiment v. Grolman (1. Posensches) Nr. 18 im Weltkriege (Band 285 des preuß. Anteils der Erinnerungsblätter), Oldenburg i. O. 1929.

I will see if I can find it

Meyer, Werner: Das Infanterie-Regiment v. Grolman (1. Posensches) Nr. 18 im Weltkriege (Band 285 des preuß. Anteils der Erinnerungsblätter), Oldenburg i. O. 1929.

Thanks, hopefully you can find a couple of options. I just thought that I would start looking for stuff to post on here to try to help people out, since you have helped me out.

Very interesting. I have a couple of documents from von Grolman somewhere.

If you have the Ehrenstaffel or list of Soldier's who died, my Great great uncle was in 3 Company, 1st Battalion. Listed as aa Unteroffizier. His name was Mathias Kaczmarzik (Kacmarzik). Spelling can be a little off. I would love to get a scanned copy of the page and a list of his commanders (Rangliste/Stammrollen).

Jason

Jason, sounds like your ancestor must have come from one of the eastern provinces, judging from the last name. I have a couple of documents from the orders commission to von Grolman, I think for the Crown Order.

My family is originally from Gumbinnen and Flammberg, East Prussia (now Latvia I believe) and eventually moved to Gelsenkirchen. Anything that you have can help. I would also just like this topic to turn into a discussion if anyone who has realtives who served in the Regiment or stories know.

Jason

Hardy

Good news, I found the book mentioned above and it is coming from Germany. If interested, I will send you any scans that you need. I also bought something for you for all of your help. I am trying to get time from work to get it in the mail. Call it a Christmas Gift.

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

Jason, sounds like your ancestor must have come from one of the eastern provinces, judging from the last name. I have a couple of documents from the orders commission to von Grolman, I think for the Crown Order.

Any way I could get a scanned copy of the documents. I just bought the book that Hardy reccomeded and I am willing to scan and share anything if you would like. Once I look thorugh it, i will tell you what is in it.

• 3 weeks later...
    • 4 weeks later...

To anyone out there.

I recieved my Regimental History for this Regiment. I have already provided requested information to fellow member MHunter. If anyone else needs anything or has any questions, please let me know.

Matt requested information for Richard Nesselhauf. This book has a complete Rangliste for all officers. I am going to have to say that the Rgiment lost alot of officers. It is quite amazing. In regards to regular Soldiers, there is no Ehrenstaffel, but you have to dig in the book to find the specific dates when Soldiers were killed throughout the book.

ostprussenmann

To anyone out there.

I recieved my Regimental History for this Regiment. I have already provided requested information to fellow member MHunter. If anyone else needs anything or has any questions, please let me know.

Matt requested information for Richard Nesselhauf. This book has a complete Rangliste for all officers. I am going to have to say that the Rgiment lost alot of officers. It is quite amazing. In regards to regular Soldiers, there is no Ehrenstaffel, but you have to dig in the book to find the specific dates when Soldiers were killed throughout the book.

ostprussenmann

And a key piece of information you did provide on Nesselhauf at the beginning of the War! :cheers:

Thank you again.

Best wishes

Matt

Here is one of the pieces of information Ostprussenmann provided on Nesselhauf. It is his complete list of awards.

There is more writing after his dates of rank (ending with Major a.D in 1920). Can anyone tell me what this menas? Maybe an address?

kaufmann i. Berlin=Johannisthal, Gross=Berliner, Damm 98

Best wishes

Matt

Here is one of the pieces of information Ostprussenmann provided on Nesselhauf. It is his complete list of awards.

There is more writing after his dates of rank (ending with Major a.D in 1920). Can anyone tell me what this menas? Maybe an address?

kaufmann i. Berlin=Johannisthal, Gross=Berliner, Damm 98

Best wishes

Matt

He was a businessman living in Berlin-Johannisthal - his street address was: Gross-Berliner Damm 98

Edited by Naxos

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I am looking for information on the sequence of service in Infanterie-Regiment v. Grolman (1 Posensches) Nr. 18 my grandfather Wojciech Owsiany (Wojciech Oat) was born on 03/26/1876 in Dąbrówka (near Posen). Military service was held at 6 Band 3 Posensches Infaterie - Regiment No. 58 in the years 1896 to 1898. Drafted at the age of 38 years to Infanterie-Regiment v. Grolman (1 Posensches) Nr. 18 on 06.08.1914. 26.08.1916 wounded in the year. Currently I am looking for any information on my great-grandfather and a book about the regiment written by Werner Meyer

Marcin Chojnacki

http://www.fotosik.pl/pokaz_obrazek/923c3f87e7e63146.html

http://www.fotosik.pl/pokaz_obrazek/bfa3194c3e7bd4bf.html

http://www.fotosik.pl/pokaz_obrazek/3e4bba4cfb4844e3.html

http://www.fotosik.pl/pokaz_obrazek/63fe15a388e345c0.html

Hi Marcin,

I read "6.8.14 b. Ers. Btl. Ldw. J. R. 18 / 4. Kp." = 6.8.14 beim Ersatz-Bataillon Landwehr-Infanterie-Regiment Nr.18 / 4. Kompanie (later 7. and 5. Kompanie).

"10.1217 b. Wi. Komp. 270" = Wirtschafts-Kompanie 270 (later Wirtschafts-Kompanie 268).

Last entry (and stamp) is from the Danziger-Infanterie-Regiment Nr.128.

;) Best regards,

Jens