ARVN Officers black beret

2xvetran

I received this from a local veteran who brought it home in 1969. He was an advisor and he gave me this and a nice set of Tiger Stripe fatigues that he wore. It is a bit stiff from age and improper storage but otherwise very nice. I was hoping someone could tell me a bit more about it. Thanks,Scott.

2177577760105252184S600x600Q85.jpg

I received this from a local veteran who brought it home in 1969. He was an advisor and he gave me this and a nice set of Tiger Stripe fatigues that he wore. It is a bit stiff from age and improper storage but otherwise very nice. I was hoping someone could tell me a bit more about it. Thanks,Scott.

Here is a good web site that may give you a starting point. http://www.ljmilitaria.com/foreignmilitary/viet_khmer_thailand_lao_items_for_sale.htm

Good Luck

Ed

The two "Stars" show that he was a 1st Lt. I can't remember whether they are supposed to be peony blossoms or what.