News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 4 weeks later...

I also like Reichsparteitag items. Here are a couple 1933 tinnies. I usually see these with the pin rather rudely soldered on, but I like this one with the Balmberger pin mount.

Best,

Greg

[attachmentid=33436][attachmentid=33437]

Edited by Greg Walden

Hello,

Greg nice items. Are all the makers the same on those tinnies you show or do they differ? Again nice items

Duzig(Bill)

Hi Bill,

Thanks! Included in those tinnies are C. Balmberger, L. Christian Lauer, Deschler, Hoffst?ter, Carl Poellath, M. Nett, E. F. Wiedmann, G. Brehmer, A. D. Schwerdt, M. Reich, Karl Wurster, W. Redo, and Fechler.

Best,

Greg

• 3 years later...
    • 11 years later...

Hello all, 

This is my first post here. I have read a lot here on this forum so far about skull insignia from different paramilitary organisations, army and other objects from for instance the Freikorps. This is my main collecting area and interest.  I never had any reason to join here, But since i have come across a item i can't place after doing some extensive research i thought i should try it here. I know that this is an old thread, but i hope that the TS Nick or some of you that have replied here know anything about this funnel badge that i found.

I think it is made between the late 1890's and early 1930's.. but that is just a guess from my part if you look at the contstruction and patina. The totenkopf part is made from emaille / Enamel. The "Funnel" it self is die stamped from some kind of brass or copper material and flat like a badge. It seems to be hand finished afterwards. It has the size of an award or skull insignia and has some kind of gold finish applied to it. The ribbon has the colors of the coat of arms from Nürnberg and it can be attached with the use of a pin.

I am looking for any manufacturer or company that is called S.W.J from Nürnberg, but could not find any online or in reference books. Most Nuremberger Funnel items that i have seen have the name "Nürnberger Trichter" or something related on it with a date. The combination of this S.W.J abbreviation and the use of a "Totenkopf"  is very weird in my mind.

Any opinions or information on this piece will be much appreciated!

Thank you, 

Dos

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0153.JPG

IMG_0156.JPG

IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0163.JPG