News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I want to start a new topic, called "rare uniforms". Please show us your photographs with strange or rare uniforms!

I´d like to start with a Feldwebel of the Infanterieschule Marienberg. Note the shoulder straps of that school and particularly note the cuffs! He wears saxon cuffs and the saxon kind of passing the "Schießschule". (two horizontal buttons to the saxon buttons)!

I´m very proud of this photo, because I haven´t seen this uniform in any book!

post-6460-054812300 1291998422_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Prussian

Thats very interesting! I have never seen a photograph of the Saxon Schießschule buttons in wear. The buttons were 2.05 cm in diameter and had the Saxon coat of arms. If the indivudual wore a Swedish Cuff, the normal smooth buttons were replaced by the two buttons with the coat of arms. The buttons were worn by graduates of and permanent staff of the Infantry School of Musketry and Foot Artillery School of Gunnery (Schießschulen). Also worn by NCOs and Privates attached to the Weapons Testing Commission (Gewehr-Prüfungs-Kommission).

Regards

Glenn

As far as I know, the shoulder straps were only worn upon the old "Bunter Rock".

Kraus (Die Feldgraue Uniformirung) states that the permanent staff of the Unteroffizierschule Marienberg wore a red crown on the shoulder strap of the field grey uniform.

Regards

Glenn

Hello Chip, my old friend!

You´re right! I can´t recognoize them either... I´ve seen one photo in "Die deutsche Infanterie 1871-1914" by Herr/Ngyuen, page 641. There were coat-of-arms upon the additional buttons. No idea, why he doesn´t wear those coat-of-arms.

I know well, why I called this topic "rare uniforms"...

I want to start a new topic, called "rare uniforms". Please show us your photographs with strange or rare uniforms!

I´d like to start with a Feldwebel of the Infanterieschule Marienberg. Note the shoulder straps of that school and particularly note the cuffs! He wears saxon cuffs and the saxon kind of passing the "Schießschule". (two horizontal buttons to the saxon buttons)!

I´m very proud of this photo, because I haven´t seen this uniform in any book!

One more question, please! Which ribbon does he wear?

• 1 month later...