News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

2010 Iraqi Navy Command neck Medal

bmsm

This is an Iraqi Navy Command glazed Neck Nedal. It is 2-13/16 in. diameter medal with a ribbon loop so the award can be worn around the neck. It is awarded for distinguished service.

Translation above: Navy Force Command.

Bob

post-4096-027357600 1292102074_thumb.jpg

Hi Bob,

Nice medal. Thanks for sharing. As a ribbon collector, I'm interested in knowing the width of the ribbon suspending the medal.

Thanks

Jean-Paul

Jean- Paul

Thank you for taking an intrest in the Iraqi Navy Medal. I took a picture of the medal to show the whole medal and ribbon. The ribbon is 2.5 centimeters wide with an equal red, white and black color and 15-1/4 inches long from the top of the medal to the top of the ribbon loop. I wasn't sure whether to call the ribbon 15-1/4 in long or 30-1/2 in. long maybe you can help me out on that question. The ends of the ribbon are sewn down with two rows of red stitching.

Bob

post-4096-079616200 1292179195_thumb.jpg

Jean- Paul

Thank you for taking an intrest in the Iraqi Navy Medal. I took a picture of the medal to show the whole medal and ribbon. The ribbon is 2.5 centimeters wide with an equal red, white and black color and 15-1/4 inches long from the top of the medal to the top of the ribbon loop. I wasn't sure whether to call the ribbon 15-1/4 in long or 30-1/2 in. long maybe you can help me out on that question. The ends of the ribbon are sewn down with two rows of red stitching.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the information.

Jean-Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for photosharing.

I think its mere a medal for some celebration may be related to Navy, But the issue do u have any documentary which points out to the issue of this medal ?? !!!!!!!!!!1

No, I don't have any documentation for this award. It is the information that was supplied to me by my contact in Iraq who has collected Iraqi Militaria for many years. Informaton on any medals, orders, etc. is very hard to obtain. Even newer made medals information is on a "need to know" basis and during Saddam's rule, it wasn't a good idea to be asking too many questions. I'll see if I can get any more information on this medal.

Thanks for your comments as many of us are still learning as we collect Iraqi Militaria.

Bob

• 6 years later...