News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

British Skull - Made in Germany

Here's the maker's label.

Presumably dates from the time when the 17th/21st Lancers were part of the British Army on the Rhine.

Agreed - certainly made after the last war and would think any member of the GMIC who served with them, may be able to tell you when they served in that area.

Robin - I was looking through a ref. book for possible quiz questions and found these three examples of German Regt's. with skull and crossbones.

I also found this postcard for the 17th in the back of my diary - we used to have the 1880 pattern horse blanket ornament in the shop. Hope they are useful to the thread.

post-6209-062200900 1293556168_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

17/21L first arrived in Germany in Dec 1951 as part of 20th Armrd Bde, 6th Armrd Div, stationed in Munster. In Sept 1957 they moved to Paderborn until Dec 1959. Thence to Far East and Middle East returning to Sennelager Jan '63. After that, Munster again then Fallingbostel. Sick of the cold, wet weather I emigrated to California and left them to it.

17/21L first arrived in Germany in Dec 1951 as part of 20th Armrd Bde, 6th Armrd Div, stationed in Munster. In Sept 1957 they moved to Paderborn until Dec 1959. Thence to Far East and Middle East returning to Sennelager Jan '63. After that, Munster again then Fallingbostel. Sick of the cold, wet weather I emigrated to California and left them to it.

:cheers:

• 6 years later...

The Company is mentioned in  Seamans book on Arm Badges they made the first bullion Mottos back in 1952 for 17th/21st Lancers. I was lucky enough to find one on an old Mess Dress. Its the first of the Bullion mottos in the attached picture

Mac

DSC03827.JPG