News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi everybody,

I would like to start a new topic about 2010 acquisitions. Don't hesitate to show your treasure. I hope that this new year will be as good as the last year for our collection.

All my ribbon bar with St Henry knight cross

Christophe

post-176-009738100 1293983737_thumb.jpg

Hello Christophe,

Good idea for a topic. I shall post my new 2010 stuff also in a few days.

Nice collection of boxes, but for me the medal bar is the most interesting, very nice!!! I hope you will find the missing Reuß medal soon.

Greetings from Flanders,

Stephan

And here a few more things:

The two campaign crosses I like especially, they are not so common, they have another form than the ones you see more often. On the little miniaturechain, you can see them as well, in the same form. They come from the same grouping. unfortunately I didn't got the White Falcon. Maybe I will find one somewhere else in 2011. If someone wants to sell his, please let me know!!!

The two crosses were Spangenstücke. The fool who has cut this Spange into pieces should be courtmartialed and shot instantly!!

The big spange misses two medals, can someone help me by telling what the missing medals probably would be?

Poulton

post-10423-024960700 1294503886_thumb.jp

post-10423-063971700 1294503889_thumb.jp

Poulton, sorry for the bad news. The Austrian medal bar is fake, as yet is said, and the upper and the lower ribbon bars are fakes, to.

:violent:

The Prussian medal bar is great!

Edited by saschaw

Argh... the third ribbon bar is as bad. I could remember the source of the two others, and that's a very bad source, but I didn't remember the third came from the very same guy. I have hardly ever seen one real ribbon bar or medal bar that was offered by this person...

Beware of those! :shame:

Dear gents,

thanks for your input. This stimulates my thought that I should misten more to my "guts-feeling": about the ribbons I didn't have a 100% good feeling: for example, there are two württemberg ribbons next to each other on the third ribbon, these ribbons differ in colour and wear (how stupid off me!!).

And the austrian bar: the back: I thought it was a strangely looking pin and the backing itself was looking too new etc.

The medals on the bar are original though, maybe with exception from the Silezian Adler. I don't know where too look at though. It is made from a very light metal.

I should better buy things I know a little bit better.

Bigger problem is: what do I do with these things? I think I let them stay in the collection and keep them together as fakes. I will not bring them back in circulation because I will not sell other collecors a fake.

Luckily the amounts were not too high, so I will get over it.

Poulton

The medals on the bar are original though, maybe with exception from the Silezian Adler. I don't know where too look at though. It is made from a very light metal.

Don't agree in this: I think more, maybe most, of the awards on this bar, are fakes. The big Austrian medals, the Oldenburg cross probably are... the Silesian eagle of course as well.

Bigger problem is: what do I do with these things? I think I let them stay in the collection and keep them together as fakes. I will not bring them back in circulation because I will not sell other collecors a fake.

That's just fine. I'm as well keeping all fake bars in a box... :ninja:

Don't agree in this: I think more, maybe most, of the awards on this bar, are fakes. The big Austrian medals, the Oldenburg cross probably are... the Silesian eagle of course as well.

I do think the most are real ones. I will double check this off course !! I follow your example: bad ones in a box and Vtwin's advice also, maybe I can use the good ones for other purposes.

Thanks for your replies,

Poulton

Here is an example I got from this faker a couple of years ago. I thought his dark pics were the result of poor camera skills. My bad. Not one medal on it is good. Note the typical construction for this guy. He also used this maker label a lot.

post-127-046068600 1294598859_thumb.jpg

post-127-060366500 1294598871_thumb.jpg

Here is my best 2010 purchase. The medal grouping of Major Richard Nesselhauf (Identified by Daniel Krause :beer: ) Nesselhauf was Hauptmann in Prussian IR 18, and Adjutant of the Prussian Training Mission for the Polish Army.

Best wishes

Matt

post-7527-099919400 1294861394_thumb.jpg

Edited by M Hunter